sharetrader
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Permanent Newbie

The share price falling in the run up to the ex-dividend date is not a good sign.

Permanent Newbie

This article might indicate partly why AGL's share price and expected earnings are not doing well.

Shut downs reducing demand for electricity, lower prices and higher input costs. Not sure how much control AGL would have over these things.

https://thewest.com.au/business/ener...loss-c-3722351

Full disclosure made an impetuous decision to buy some prior to going ex-dividend but already regretting it. Phaedrus was one of the few posters who made a good living trading shares as far as I am aware and posted numerous charts showing the folly of buying into a downtrend. Lesson not learned by me... yet.

Getting caught up in JBmurc's enthusiasm is obviously bad for my investing health.
    Last edited by Aaron; 24-08-2021 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    This article might indicate partly why AGL's share price and expected earnings are not doing well.

Shut downs reducing demand for electricity, lower prices and higher input costs. Not sure how much control AGL would have over these things.

https://thewest.com.au/business/ener...loss-c-3722351

Full disclosure made an impetuous decision to buy some prior to going ex-dividend but already regretting it. Phaedrus was one of the few posters who made a good living trading shares as far as I am aware and posted numerous charts showing the folly of buying into a downtrend. Lesson not learned by me... yet.

Getting caught up in JBmurc's enthusiasm is obviously bad for my investing health.
    I'm sorry did I promote you to BUY AGL ? ... I actually haven't done a much study on the company at all... more of a passing glance ..as being Bullish on Energy investment over the longer term my investment in CUE ...at some stage AGL has got to be a great BUY ..maybe present Buying will be rewarded longer term ...or maybe not ex dividend date always sees the SP reduce ...I'm sure the lockdowns haven't helped that and some poor mgmt. decisions ...
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I'm sorry did I promote you to BUY AGL ? ... I actually haven't done a much study on the company at all... more of a passing glance ..as being Bullish on Energy investment over the longer term my investment in CUE ...at some stage AGL has got to be a great BUY ..maybe present Buying will be rewarded longer term ...or maybe not ex dividend date always sees the SP reduce ...I'm sure the lockdowns haven't helped that and some poor mgmt. decisions ...
    No, I need to DMOR, looked at this company a while back. My usual cursory glance, nothing in depth.

For some reason I am not clear on, wholesale electricity prices are expected to fall in Australia.
    A big chunk of the company is coal fired generation which will have to change due to climate issues.
    The split between retail and generation not sure why this is being done but mgmt assure shareholders it is in their best interest.
    So big changes and large investments required to switch to greener energy production and a uncertain future.

The only thing stopping me from investing was the consistent downtrend which I have been warned never to buy into.

Learnt my lesson listening to you on junior gold stocks. Currently in last place on the ASX comp with three of your recommendations while you are 3rd from the top. Obviously some good picks but not the ones you gave me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    No, I need to DMOR, looked at this company a while back. My usual cursory glance, nothing in depth.

For some reason I am not clear on, wholesale electricity prices are expected to fall in Australia.
    A big chunk of the company is coal fired generation which will have to change due to climate issues.
    The split between retail and generation not sure why this is being done but mgmt assure shareholders it is in their best interest.
    So big changes and large investments required to switch to greener energy production and a uncertain future.

The only thing stopping me from investing was the consistent downtrend which I have been warned never to buy into.

Learnt my lesson listening to you on junior gold stocks. Currently in last place on the ASX comp with three of your recommendations while you are 3rd from the top. Obviously some good picks but not the ones you gave me.
    Yeah gutted some of the performances from these Gold shares I also hold or sold ... has cost me a good few 100k ... If you still held RXL did you get many CNR shares ?...I had enough of mgmt BS so dump and walked away with 20% of the profit I could have had >>

OBM has be absolutely thrashed ... purely from not meeting DFS targets ... they look to be trying to turn it around ...but hard with staff near on impossible to secure .. the Sector went from its deathbed to Boomtime like Iron ore,Copper O&G etc and with COVID in the mix all Mining staffing has been affected .. I did sell out of the likes of RXL , OBM .. I have recently brought back into OBM and seen 30% value wiped in weeks !!! so your not the only one pissed at the markets FEAR ..look at WWI I've dumped the bulk of my holding not that I don't believe the project doesn't have upside just that I don't think the market gives a rats ass about it >> so I basically threw away 30-40k in profits I had only weeks ago !!

WE really need GOLD to break out of its funk >>> this sideways action isn't helping sentiment(I'm sure the lockdowns in AUS haven't helped FEAR feeding FEAR) with the market thinking the worst outcomes to come rather than the facts AUD Gold is at record highs >> I wish I gave you POD as a pick but at the time we were talking around Gold focus .. POD being PGM Cu Ni play ..

Never a fan of giving exact stock picks too others as we all trade differently with risk profiles to match ...Its so easy to find great picks but who know whats around the corner or how the market will react week to week.. the bigger the upside the bigger the risks .. hoping for both of us ...the likes of OBM turn it around and we see a much healthier SP from production hitting DFS numbers
    Last edited by JBmurc; 26-08-2021 at 10:58 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Yeah gutted some of the performances from these Gold shares I also hold or sold ... has cost me a good few 100k ... If you still held RXL did you get many CNR shares ?...I had enough of mgmt BS so dump and walked away with 20% of the profit I could have had >>

OBM has be absolutely thrashed ... purely from not meeting DFS targets ... they look to be trying to turn it around ...but hard with staff near on impossible to secure .. the Sector went from its deathbed to Boomtime like Iron ore,Copper O&G etc and with COVID in the mix all Mining staffing has been affected .. I did sell out of the likes of RXL , OBM .. I have recently brought back into OBM and seen 30% value wiped in weeks !!! so your not the only one pissed at the markets FEAR ..look at WWI I've dumped the bulk of my holding not that I don't believe the project doesn't have upside just that I don't think the market gives a rats ass about it >> so I basically threw away 30-40k in profits I had only weeks ago !!

WE really need GOLD to break out of its funk >>> this sideways action isn't helping sentiment(I'm sure the lockdowns in AUS haven't helped FEAR feeding FEAR) with the market thinking the worst outcomes to come rather than the facts AUD Gold is at record highs >> I wish I gave you POD as a pick but at the time we were talking around Gold focus .. POD being PGM Cu Ni play ..

Never a fan of giving exact stock picks too others as we all trade differently with risk profiles to match ...Its so easy to find great picks but who know whats around the corner or how the market will react week to week.. the bigger the upside the bigger the risks .. hoping for both of us ...the likes of OBM turn it around and we see a much healthier SP from production hitting DFS numbers
    You are in a tough game JB but it's one you know and love.
    The spec money is in "green" metals being produced greeny.
    This could be for a long time although of course gold will have its uplifts, soon hopefully, I'm counting on it. (ALY, OXX).
    See, what happened to KNI today, listed last week at 20c, hit$3.60 today and they have nothing

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    You are in a tough game JB but it's one you know and love.
    The spec money is in "green" metals being produced greeny.
    This could be for a long time although of course gold will have its uplifts, soon hopefully, I'm counting on it. (ALY, OXX).
    See, what happened to KNI today, listed last week at 20c, hit$3.60 today and they have nothing
    Yes sounds like PUMP n DUMP scheme with KNI brokers behind it ...no way should they have market value higher than 50mill IMHO >>https://www.afr.com/markets/equity-m...0210826-p58m5f

Yes sounds like PUMP n DUMP scheme with KNI brokers behind it ...no way should they have market value higher than 50mill IMHO >>https://www.afr.com/markets/equity-m...0210826-p58m5f
    Not sure about that.
    KNI was split off from Vulcan Energy, itself a hundred bagger since listing developing carbon zero emission, geothermic lithium products.
    You can imagine the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud
    Not sure about that.
    KNI was split off from Vulcan Energy, itself a hundred bagger since listing developing carbon zero emission, geothermic lithium products.
    You can imagine the hype.
    Yes the market certainly likes the story ...108Mill Cap on low carbon emission power supply in Norway ...but nothing more that some historic results over their 250sqkm land as assets ??

Vs someone like OBM worth 10mill less with 24.3Mt @ 2.8g/t for 2.2Moz Au Gold resource...a 150mill+ worth Gold Plant + infrastructure + Gold Production underway still ramping up and sorting issues with production ... 200Km of greenstone belt strike within 1350sqkm of prime Gold country just north of Kal.WA

Yep, the market is irrational sometimes. What's your sp target for OBM?