sharetrader
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wizAlvin View Post
    I have no doubt the ASX can be beaten. I have done it. i have seen Max take a 5000 dollar account to 100,000 dollars in 6 weeks.
    For those who are unable to read or unable to understand what has been read : this is a stock - specifically ASX stocks - competition. Should the need be to flout / skite / or otherwise display ornately then do please continue to shout how well you guesses are. But do NOT try to 'interpret' the clear rules of THIS competition by telling me i am stupid and cannot tell a crypto Currency from an ASX ticker.
    Exactly.
    And if my KNI options were added to my VUL results I'd be up there too

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Exactly.
    And if my KNI options were added to my VUL results I'd be up there too
    Timesurfer, you are right up there already in a mighty respectful position on the grid...

Guru

I do think there is need for a 'real' competition. I envision a pick of any 5 items from a range of sources, such as crypto, forex, stocks, commodities, and the like; AND they must be sourced from a publicly accessible source; And they be traded as anyone might.
    For example ; a trader begins with an agreed amount for each pick. That trader defines their pick : ASX Ticker XXX; Crypto C BTC; Crypto C DYC; Forex XPTUSD; Forex XAUUSD; source : www.source1.com.
    Then they trade these during the time span of the competition - the only proviso being they post their intention and actions in the site page; eg buy XAUUSD at 1780 with SL 1760 profit 1800 AND post the results.

It could be 5 picks will be thought of as too much and the number of picks varies. However - the actions must be auditable.

one way would be : who can take a theoretical $10,000 to what value over 1 calendar year - one trade at a time? Now that would sort out traders from voices.
    Be aware of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    that not forbidden is mandatory.
    Anyone but o'brien

Guru

(I wonder what $10,000 looks like?)
    Anyone but o'brien

Guru

apparently it looks something like these :
    https://snipboard.io/EU6IhG.jpg
    Anyone but o'brien

Quote Originally Posted by wizAlvin View Post
    apparently it looks something like these :
    https://snipboard.io/EU6IhG.jpg
    I could get used to looking at them

That sounds like real competition...
    Your the boss so you just do whatever you want to...

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    I could get used to looking at them
    https://www.google.com/search?q=toil..._AUoAnoECAIQAg

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    That sounds like real competition...
    Your the boss so you just do whatever you want to...

Unfortunately i am not a boss. i just happened to be able to assist jennym when she said she would continue running the ASX stock trading competition from when it was possibly going to be abandoned. reason: i saw how it could be improved / made quicker to use with software and so assisted by turning the rules into software and running the mechanics as directed.
    Jennym got derided and rubbished and gave up following **** comments. i took over as i have no problems or second thoughts about those who break/bent/try to alter/ the rules with tantrums. which is why i have asked for comments and rule changes PRIOR to the new year. THIS IS NOT MY COMPETITION. I do NOT trade stocks or give a damn about ASX stocks. I run the competition solely for those who wish it to continue AND it assists me think / sort out problems which ultimately assists my attempts to try to solve the unified field theory in cosmology.
    with this competition i just apply the pre-defined rules.
    should there be sufficient players who want a different competition - change the rules.
    I can see how a real competition could be fun.
    if it could be build in say 2 weeks - no problem. i usually 'use' about 40 hours / year setting up the current system. being fair - i have stuff all time spare - i do not even have running water / sink in our kitchen yet as it costs too much for trades people so i have to learn / relearn these practical trades so that when the trades men charge their $80/hour it isn't for too long; being 'too old to program any more'.
    so much for the rant.
    and bear in mind i really do not care where in the competition i am placed - as it is just fun an a practice of thought. regards
    Anyone but o'brien

IMO

Thanks again Wizz ,far better and more user friendly then the NZ comp and gee your plumber is good value I reckon ,more like a hundy an hour here.!!