sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default GAU Galiano GOLD TSX/NYSE Great buy for ST re-rate

have been buying up GAU last few weeks as my pure GOLD producer BUY n HOLD for next year ...sitting on 100,000 shares costs me just under A$1 ...

goal major re-rate on both higher GOLD prices during next year and GOLD Fields doing a deal on their 45% holding in the project cash payments / scrip over many years ..with GAU being 90% holding of 5Mtpa Gold plant/infrastructure replacement $400mill+ (GAU = USD $143mill marketcap)

info on GAU>>>

Galiano Gold Inc. (TSX: GAU) (NYSE: GAU) awarded a mining contract for its Asanko Gold Mine (AGM) in the Asankrangwa gold belt in Ghana, which it operates as part of a joint venture (JV) with Gold Fields Ltd. (NYSE: GFI).

Galiano said on Monday that the JV partners selected an unnamed contractor to restart mining operations at the AGM after a competitive bidding process. The company intends on resuming hard rock mining operations in in Q4, 2023.

In March, the company published the details of a new life of mine (LOM) plan in a technical report. The report details an 8.5 LOM with an after-tax net present value (NPR) of 5 per cent discount rate of USD$343 million with a base price of $1,700 per ounce of gold.

As detailed in the 2023 technical report, the contractor’s tasks involve mining from multiple deposits. Mining at the Abore site is planned to commence in the last quarter of 2023, and it is expected that higher-grade mill feed will be available by the second quarter of 2024.

The estimated annual gold production for 2023 is projected to approximately double by 2025. The output is expected to surge from the current guidance of 100,000 to 120,000 ounces to around 250,000 ounces per year.

The mining equipment at the Abore and Miradani North locations has also been updated to include 100 ton haul trucks. This optimized fleet should bring considerable advantages to the operations.

“Galiano remains on track to deliver on the Life of Mine Plan described in the 2023 Technical Report, and we look forward to establishing the AGM as a significant Ghanaian gold mine, averaging nearly 220,000 ounces per year over an 8.5 year mine life,” said Matt Badylak, Galiano’s president and CEO.

The JV partners are searching for more ways to improve operational efficiency and reduce operating costs. It has also started an exploration program at AGM’s mining areas to outline more resources in already known deposits, as well as to explore entirely new potential spots within the 476 square kilometer land package.

AGM is a complex with multiple deposits, including four primary open-pit mining areas: Abore, Miradani North, Nkran and Esaase. It also has several smaller deposits scattered along the Asankrangwa gold belt.

The complex includes a processing plant that can handle 5 million tonnes of material per year using a carbon-in-leach process. The mine holds confirmed reserves of 48.9 million tonnes of material, which have a grade of 1.31 grams of gold per tonne. This equates to a total of 2,068,000 tonnes of gold contained within the reserves.

>>>>

Gold Fields (JSE, NYSE: GFI) said on Wednesday it planned to make a decision on whether to keep or sale its Asanko gold mine (AGM) in Ghana within four months.

The South African bullion producer is weighing “all options” for the mine, including a total divestiture or a move to increase its ownership, interim chief executive Martin Preece told Bloomberg.

Gold Fields and Canada’s Galiano Gold (TSX: GAU) formed a joint venture in 2018 to run the asset, which churned out 170,342 ounces of gold last year. Production at Asanko is expected to fall to 120,000 to 130,000 ounces this year, though Galiano, the mine’s operator, is ready to roll out a new mine plan.

As described in a 2023 feasibility study, Asanko’s productive life can be extended by 8.5 years, with annual gold production forecast to double from the 2023 guidance of 100,000-120,000 ounces to 250,000 ounces per year from 2025.

AGM is a multi-deposit complex, with four main open-pit mining areas – Abore, Miradani North, Nkran and Esaase – plus multiple satellite deposits along the Asankrangwa gold belt, and a 5Mtpa carbon-in-leach processing plant.

The mine complex is the smallest asset Gold Fields has in Ghana. In March, the company reached a deal with AngloGold Ashanti to combine their neighbouring Tarkwa and Iduapriem mines in the country, which will create Africa’s biggest gold mine.

Gold Fields and AngloGold would own 60% and 30% of the joint operation, respectively, with the Ghanaian government holding 10%

The joint venture would produce an average 900,000 ounces annually over the first five years and 600,000 ounces over its estimated 18-year life of the mine, the companies said at the time.

>>>>>>>

$425Mill cost to build 5Mtpa CIL in Kaz
    https://sustainabilitymag.com/compan...construction-0

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

A recent interview with Matt Badylak was appointed to the position of President & CEO on 14 June 2021. Prior to this, Matt was EVP and Chief Operating Officer at Galiano where he took the lead in building the Company’s senior executive technical team. Matt is a mining professional with 20 years of extensive experience in senior management and operational planning covering Australia, Mongolia, China, Canada, Turkey and Ghana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyS645sx2s0

Solid looking mgmt >>

https://www.galianogold.com/corporat...m/default.aspx
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

GAU - EV - just under USD$100mill

I haven't found any peers on the ASX that have the same upside for this market value range

GALIANO GOLD CONSOLIDATES OWNERSHIP OF THE ASANKO GOLD MINE IN TRANSFORMATIONAL TRANSACTION..

Nice ...IMHO GAU now moves into one of the most undervalued Gold stocks in the world ...

90% holding of the Asanko Gold mine and surrounding Landholdings 5Mtpa Gold plant

GAU EPS is going amazing for 24/25Fy min EPS 36c (SP was 60c levels pre ann!!)

https://www.mining.com/web/gold-fiel...-million-deal/

Matt Badylak, President and CEO, stated, "This transaction marks a significant value adding event for the shareholders of Galiano, transforming the Company into a relevant, emerging mid-tier gold producer by consolidating one of the largest gold producing mines in West Africa. Upon closing of the Acquisition, Galiano immediately doubles attributable gold production and will further increase this to an expected average of 240,000 ounces per year over the life of mine. The transaction structure results in a strongly accretive acquisition and galvanizes a significant rerate opportunity for our shareholders. This includes Gold Fields, who continue to be a supportive shareholder through an increased share ownership In Galiano."

Up another 4c ..26.8% for last two trading days ... so much more to come esp when the number start to drop on full production levels 240Koz pa = EBIT=$200mill+

GAU continues to surge even with GOLD down a good few dollars ... C$1.41 TSX ... (days high $1.46)

to think late last year 70c-90c

Brilliant exploration results will expand the 2MOz Gold reserves >>>

VANCOUVER, BC, March 11, 2024 /PRNewswire/ - Galiano Gold Inc. ("Galiano" or the "Company") (TSX: GAU) (NYSE American: GAU) is pleased to provide an update on the 2023 drilling results at Abore following completion of an infill program at the Asanko Gold Mine ("AGM"), located in Ghana, West Africa. This drill program is highlighted by the discovery of a new high grade zone in the southern portion of the deposit and better than expected results spanning the entire 1,600 metre strike length of Abore.

The Abore infill drilling programme consisted of 84 holes totalling 22,470 metres. It was designed to convert Inferred Mineral Resources below the current Mineral Reserve pit shell1 to the Indicated Mineral Resource category and evaluate the potential to optimize and/or expand the pit. Earlier positive results from this campaign were highlighted in a news release "Galiano Gold Provides Asanko Gold Mine 2023 Exploration Program Update" (see press release dated October 25, 2023).

This program resulted in the discovery of a new high grade zone within the southern portion of Abore which was intersected in four drill holes over approximately 120 metres of strike length as shown in a series of cross sections in Figures 2 to 5 below. Intercepts in this zone are amongst the best ever intercepted at the AGM and include:

Hole ABPC23-224: 45 metres @ 12.4 g/t gold from 191m

Hole ABPC23-226: 37 metres @ 10.6 g/t gold from 199m

Hole ABPC23-239: 54 metres @ 3.3 g/t gold from 207m

Hole ABPC23-228: 41 metres @ 3.3 g/t gold from 191m

This new zone of mineralization is hosted primarily within the Abore granite and is characterized by significant hydrothermal alteration along with high density quartz veining, intense localized brecciation, disseminated arsenopyrite and visible gold. It remains open along strike in both directions and is untested at depth. A follow-up drill program is currently underway to test the extent of this zone.

Robust mineralization was also intersected across the deposit as demonstrated by the following highlighted intercepts:

Hole ABPC23-246: 18 meters @ 8.2 g/t gold from 172m

Hole ABPC23-259: 24 meters @ 5.4 g/t gold from 263m

Hole ABPC23-223: 27 meters @ 4.2g/t gold from 246m

Hole ABPC23-228: 41 metres @ 3.3 g/t gold from 191m

Hole ABPC23-213: 20 meters @ 4.5 g/t gold from 166m

Hole ABPC23-241: 23 meters @ 3.8 g/t gold from 156m

Hole ABPC23-249: 19 meters @ 4.0 g/t gold from 273m

"These excellent results demonstrate that Abore has significant upside potential beyond the current Reserves," stated Chris Pettman, Galiano's Vice President of Exploration. "Seeing significant intervals of high grade gold along the entire 1,600 metre strike length of the deposit, and the discovery of the new high grade south zone, gives us confidence that Abore will continue to grow and add considerable value to the AGM life of mine."

Matt Badylak, Galiano's President and Chief Executive Officer added, "The results of this program are expected to affect the size and geometry of the Abore Reserve pit. The impact this will have on Mineral Reserves and ore delivery in 2024 is currently being evaluated through pit optimization and redesign. The Company plans to update Abore Mineral Resources and Mineral Reserves and provide 2024 production and cost guidance following the completion of this work in April."

Abore is located directly on the haul road approximately 13 kilometres north of the AGM's processing plant and has current Measured and Indicated Resources of 477,000 ounces @1.16 g/t gold and Inferred Resources of 131,000 ounces @1.14 g/t gold, as described in the Technical Report entitled "NI 43-101 Technical Report and Feasibility Study for Asanko Gold Mine, Ghana" with an effective date of December 31, 2022, and is available on SEDAR+1.

The deposit sits along the Esaase shear corridor, which also hosts the Esaase deposit, and forms part of the northeast striking Asankrangwa gold belt. The geology of the deposit is characterized by a sedimentary sequence composed primarily of siltstones, shales and thickly bedded sandstones that has been intruded by a granite which lies parallel to the shear and dipping steeply to the northwest. The majority of mineralization is constrained to the granite, hosted in west dipping quartz vein areas developed primarily along the eastern margin of the granite/sediment contact.

GAU $2.02 .... yeah I love making good calls and as GAU was my largest holding ...happy investor here that see much more growth to come

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    GAU $2.02 .... yeah I love making good calls and as GAU was my largest holding ...happy investor here that see much more growth to come
    It has a very strong chart(strong pattern)now.