sharetrader
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocket Lab

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    "stuffed if i know wont work"

White text on a white background. It's not rocket science .
    Very funny, made my day.

I think Rocket Lab might be a good place to put a modest investment for a long hold. Really quite inspiring hearing Mr Beck's vision for the future, and he's smashed every goal so far. I like the idea of being the 'bus to the universe', the 'transport for hire' to the cosmos. Very clever, as well as totally switched on engineering and technology. Quite amazing.

Advanced Member

Anyone else on here grappling with what to do with PALANTIR ?
    https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/quote/PLTR?p=PLTR

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    "stuffed if i know wont work"

White text on a white background. It's not rocket science .
    How do you hide in the snow then

closed at $11.33, $11.72 after hours.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 05-03-2021 at 10:40 AM.

IMO

IMO

"The engines for Neutron are another hurdle, which Beck acknowledged are what take the longest to develop when building a rocket.
    Rocket Lab will not be using a variation of the 3D-printed Rutherford engines that power the Electron rockets, as Beck said “there is no beefing of a Rutherford that will come remotely close” to powering Neutron."
    CNBC - Rocket Lab SPAC deal supercharger for growth, adds ability launch astronauts

added more this morning to both my daughters holdings and mine... good long term accumulate and hold imho

Have kept buying - my average cost is still just under $20 if the sp drops I'll buy more, great company mid to long term...
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

DFABPCLMB

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    If you are looking for a short squeeze then don't. It's not in the same category as other meme stocks given institutions and insiders own 31% of total shares. The reason others like GME, LGND and BBBY are open for a short squeeze is because each company has insiders + institutions owning around 200% of the total shares. This is over 100% due to excessive shorting. If however, you are buying PLTR on fundamentals, I see a growing top line and a growing loss. I'm sure they will turn the loss around at some point in time but when and how much profit will be generated? The other thing is deferred revenues are shrinking which is not a good indicator for future growth. That may be a temporary blip due to COVID, but overall I'm not seeing enough to tempt me.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarineSalvage View Post
    Have kept buying - my average cost is still just under $20 if the sp drops I'll buy more, great company mid to long term...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    If you are looking for a short squeeze then don't. It's not in the same category as other meme stocks given institutions and insiders own 31% of total shares. The reason others like GME, LGND and BBBY are open for a short squeeze is because each company has insiders + institutions owning around 200% of the total shares. This is over 100% due to excessive shorting. If however, you are buying PLTR on fundamentals, I see a growing top line and a growing loss. I'm sure they will turn the loss around at some point in time but when and how much profit will be generated? The other thing is deferred revenues are shrinking which is not a good indicator for future growth. That may be a temporary blip due to COVID, but overall I'm not seeing enough to tempt me.
    Thanks. In the interim I sold. My buy was some years ago about US$8-9....so all good. In the end I took out some insurance to protect from the downside...expensive but worth it as it turned out. Nice gain, but took 4-5 years. Being subject to the lockup post IPO is no fun.

Well I bought my Rocket Lab souvenir parcel today at $10.49. I'm not expecting much in way of financial gain, but maybe it will add a bit of interest when I am watching the launch live streams.