sharetrader

Default Jasper Property Fund

Would be very interested in people's thoughts or if they have come across or invested in this fund - https://www.jasper.io/nz/

Seems to be a good way to gain commercial RE exposure?

Thanks in advance for any opinions!
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Would be very interested in people's thoughts or if they have come across or invested in this fund - https://www.jasper.io/nz/

Seems to be a good way to gain commercial RE exposure?

Thanks in advance for any opinions!
    Don't know the first thing about this, never heard of Jasper, but an email just turned up from Colliers with brochure attached.

New properties added:

Fund now reopen for investment
    Good afternoon,

Colliers is pleased to continue to work with Jasper in respect of its expanded offer, the Industrial Income Plus Fund*.

Initially, three industrial properties made up the fund, now an additional two properties have been purchased.

Since inception (8 December 2020), the Fund has performed well, delivering a consistent monthly cash flow of 6 cents per unit and strong capital growth with an annualised total return of 21.1% from inception to 30 June 2021 (a 7 month period)3

Following the acquisition of the new properties, the portfolio will have 8 tenants, 5 properties, gross rent of $3,300,000, and be valued at $69,750,000 with a heavy weighting to Auckland

WALT of 7.9 years3
    New assets include 2-4 Yashili Drive in Pokeno, and 6 Rymer Place in Mangere Bridge

I can't attach full brochure, but if you want you could email this dude - might as well see what they have to say.

charlie.oscroft@colliers.com

IMO

Thanks FP much more info there.I couldn't find any details /info on that link Entrep other than spin. There are so many opps being advertised like crazy atm for comm and Ind property, farms, cherries, rocket apples, kiwifruit etc.

The weakest link to me is always the liquidity if you have to sell , how long will it take for a willing buyer and how much discount will they demand.All of this with the spectre of rising int rates ahead of us which will impact returns , yield. Alot of these offerings dangle a great carrot of projected yield in the short term.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 08-07-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thanks FP much more info there.I couldn't find any details /info on that link Entrep other than spin. There are so many opps being advertised like crazy atm for comm and Ind property, farms, cherries, rocket apples, kiwifruit etc.

The weakest link to me is always the liquidity if you have to sell , how long will it take for a willing buyer and how much discount will they demand.All of this with the spectre of rising int rates ahead of us which will impact returns , yield. Alot of these offerings dangle a great carrot of projected yield in the short term.
    The weakness in syndicated properties is definitely liquidity. I'm in quite a few and I see lack of liquidity as an advantage, as they will eventually be left to a few beneficaries. I'd rather leave them with something that won't get cashed and blown five minutes later. If they are locked in for a while - they might just think things through and decide building an income is important - that will eventually pay for the toys and globe-trotting. But the toys and globe trotting will never provide the income.

Thanks for the comments all, yes I was referring to the offer that fungus pudding when I made this post. Liquidity and exit control is also paramount and I guess I need to take another look at the likes of Argosy and really compare them. At least the headline returns for this offer looked OK though. Just looking to diversify and get some exposure to commercial real estate.
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!