sharetrader

Thread: Port o Akl

Guru

Exclamation Port o Akl

Hot off the wire PoA/AC has just scrapped the automation of the port, written off $65,000,000.00 plus plus plus plus investment which was going to slash costs and time with the container handling.
    So just imagine how much is being wasted of discussion papers re moving the port, and "IF " by some reason that the port is to be moved what will the final cost be 5x 10x or 20 x the budgeted cost aka the cycle path across the Auckland Harbour .

PLEASE KEEP IT WHERE IT IS , it works !!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Hot off the wire PoA/AC has just scrapped the automation of the port, written off $65,000,000.00 plus plus plus plus investment which was going to slash costs and time with the container handling.
    So just imagine how much is being wasted of discussion papers re moving the port, and "IF " by some reason that the port is to be moved what will the final cost be 5x 10x or 20 x the budgeted cost aka the cycle path across the Auckland Harbour .

Wonder if they could use some documents on a Bridge that went nowhere procured at great cost to assist
    them with their revised aspirations ?

Advanced Member

Do you live in Auckland Whatsup ?
    If so....I guess you are OK that your rates are supporting this wastage and that their is little accountability ?
    Personally I'd be furious, pleased we have departed.
    Auckland.....Nice to visit...nicer to leave.
    Last edited by RTM; 09-06-2022 at 10:34 AM.

With you 100% on this whatsup.

Guru

Thank you Wiremu, I have rattled on for 10 years that the best/only way forward is for a floating of its business the same way that the PoT has been actioned, the big stumbling point imho is the left wing/union strangle hold that they appear to have on any decission that are not being made in that direction, they are totally against it for their own selfish reason.
    As I understand it the unions are the biggest contributor to the left wing members of council assuring their relection at local body election time in exchange for the port remaining under the A C control, until this arrangement is cast aside and the POA is floated on a basis the same as the POT the POA will never realize its full potential, be a drag on the rate payers and a embarrassment to the citizens of this fair city.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Do you live in Auckland Whatsup ?
    If so....I guess you are OK that your rates are supporting this wastage and that their is little accountability ?
    Personally I'd be furious, pleased we have departed.
    Auckland.....Nice to visit...nicer to leave.
    Millions spent on "software" now mostly down the drain. Yet Auckland City has baulked at spending money on actual infrastructure at Drury, despite the prospect of recovery through extra rates!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Millions spent on "software" now mostly down the drain. Yet Auckland City has baulked at spending money on actual infrastructure at Drury, despite the prospect of recovery through extra rates!
    Still large money to appeal a large subdivision the size of Napier going ahead up that way though

Have to really wonder about the calibre of talent onboard at Auck Council when rounds of this sort of
    bureaucratic shuffling nonsense happens

Does one hand know what the other is doing ? Do they talk to one another ? or both reside in different worlds ?

No wonder SFA generally gets achieved & when something does, it's usually at snails pace and huge cost..

Worse Councils up & down the country try to clone the abismal precis to their own
    Last edited by nztx; 09-06-2022 at 12:44 PM.

Does anyone have any idea as to how much importers have paid out in port congestion fees?I would suggest it would make the $65m admitted to so far look like chicken feed.

We might never know the true cost of this fiasco,but will heads roll,I very much doubt it.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    Does anyone have any idea as to how much importers have paid out in port congestion fees?I would suggest it would make the $65m admitted to so far look like chicken feed.

We might never know the true cost of this fiasco,but will heads roll,I very much doubt it.

Huge cost running back decades & decades landing on importers, carriers & others - ultimately passed on I would say..

Advanced Member

One for the long suffering Auckland ratepayers. How’s Wayne Brown doing ?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...RYIGZQROJ6NJI/