sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling shares

It was the "transferred in" wording that made me feel a bit uneasy. It feels like an assumption on their part that I am now dealing with them for everything. But thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Your shares are all held by Computershare or Link, so this is irrlevant except they show up in your Jarden portfolio because when you setup your Jarden account, you presumably gave your CSN. All very innocent.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    It was the "transferred in" wording that made me feel a bit uneasy. It feels like an assumption on their part that I am now dealing with them for everything. But thanks for the clarification.
    The "proof of the pudding" is to log into your Computershare account and see if the balances for these shares are none zero:
    If there are none zero then you can sell them independent of Jardens;
    If they are zero then Jardens have taken Custody of them and you are locked in. [Until you do something to change that]
    om mani peme hum

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nzspeak View Post
    Apologies for the dumb question, I am struggling to google an answer.

I bought shares years ago through a broker (now Jarden) now I want to sell the shares through my bank. How do I add these shares to my ANZ sharetrading platform to sell?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Apologies if this one is a dumb question, but why not just sell them through Jarden Direct?

https://www.jardendirect.co.nz/prici...IaAlm1EALw_wcB
    There are no dumb questions but there can be dumb answers especially if you make assumptions and then give definitive answers on those assumed 'facts'.

The fact that nzspeak is asking what one would assume to be a straight-forward question leads me to assume he is best talking to his broker as the obvious assumptions are, not in fact, factual.

What is a fact is that in many facets of life we make our decisions based on our assumptions shaped by our experiences, prejudices, and lack of knowledge of the facts.

Fun heh?
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    I mean have Jarden to do the paperwork transfer (updating the registry). In order to milk as much fees out of a simple transaction, they treat it as you've removed (or sold) the shares out of your account because at the end of the day, it will no longer be in the account, and since the account portfolio value drops, so does their account management fees.
    The shares are registered in shareholders name with the share registry, full stop. You can use any broker to sell them. It is no where near as complicated as you are posting.