sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Given Forbar’s track record of floating duds and dead beat companies (Feltex, CBL, Intueri, MPG etc etc etc), NZ Rugby better stay well clear of this proposal.

Seriously.
    Totally agree. Forbar are flying a huge kite here and confusing the unwashed as usual.
    Take the Silver deal .

ForBar just playing on the widespread naivety and ignorance with the populist drivel - most likely it will happen... as the inept NZRU management cave to the petulant mob of players... who will win? ForBar

I confess that my views are coloured as I am a long term rugby fan, however, as soon as I heard of the Silver Lake proposal I didn't like it .

2 reasons ... I was sure that if the NZRU was selling part of itself, there would be plenty of NZ investor interest, and secondly, I did not believe that a US investor fund would have the same level of attachment that a NZ investor would have. Sure it must add up on all the financial yardsticks, but we have seen the ruthlessness of US investors with English football clubs willing to ditch the Premier League. NZ owners would be more in tune with NZ fans.

I was surprised that it took so long for an alternative to be put up, but now that it has, I don't care that it is ForBar. If not them it would be someone else.

I will invest if given the opportunity

zacman

Outside thinking.

Some interesting RNZ interviews this morning.

1.) Rod Oram discussing both the Silver Lakes and NZ/Players options FYI.

Listen to it here.

2.) Interview earlier this morning with David Kirk.

Here's the link to today's RNZ Kirk interview.

Coming up..... an important meeting this Friday with NZ Rugby and Players to discuss their proposals.

At least they are talking together.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 18-05-2021 at 12:34 PM.