sharetrader
Page 7 of 83 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: DGL - DGL Group

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    Almost all cash this time. Were they able to drive a harder bargain I wonder.
    I would doubt it.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

I keep thinking that:
    a) they must have run out of money for acquisitions and;
    b) they must be flat out dealing with their new purchases.

But no, they buy something else.

I guess they have more headroom on the credit cards than me
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 19-10-2021 at 12:58 PM.
    om mani peme hum

percy

Good article on DGC in this morning,s NZ Herald.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Good article on DGC in this morning,s NZ Herald.
    Think I may have jump in for a few getting abit frustrating sitting on the sidelines watching all these companies getting snapped up by them!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Think I may have jump in for a few getting abit frustrating sitting on the sidelines watching all these companies getting snapped up by them!
    Pretty sure you've missed the train.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    Pretty sure you've missed the train.
    Yeah that's my concern a little but when you read up on the company and then read up on their growth plans which includes the USA and the main guy already owns 56% and plans to add more when he can..
    It's quite compelling....

Yeah that's my concern a little but when you read up on the company and then read up on their growth plans which includes the USA and the main guy already owns 56% and plans to add more when he can..
    True enough.

DGC are an interesting outfit but the results of their acquisition drive have yet to be seen. So far everything has been a bolt-on addition. Also having more than 50% ownership in one set of hands is risky IMHO

Advanced Member

I love the conviction of this man, the execution of the float and post float acquisitions, and space the business is in. But personally I would be wary of investing into the business at these levels. The market hasn't got a clue how it is pricing the business and I bet you no one has done the maths to figure out what the proforma earnings of the business is and its capital structure (proforma for the organic business plus the earnings from all the acquisitions, and capital structure being the balance sheet post year end, less all the cash spent, plus any debt incurred, and use of shares as script). Over the next few days I might do a back of the envelope guess (as I don't think its possible to do anything overly scientific as their just isnt enough information) but whatever the guess I will wager the implied multiples are staggeringly high. Once statutory accounts start trickling out I think the share price will come back as investors realise the implied multiples are sky high and implied dividend yield miniscule.

Just my own thoughts. Not advice. Will give a crack at an actual spreadsheet and share it when I have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    Over the next few days I might do a back of the envelope guess (as I don't think its possible to do anything overly scientific as their just isnt enough information) but whatever the guess I will wager the implied multiples are staggeringly high.
    Hi Fiordland Moose, Would love to know your back of the envelope calculation\guess whensoever you get to it ... Cheers!
    Last edited by newbieinvestor; 09-11-2021 at 05:33 PM.