sharetrader
Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: DGL - DGL Group

Hi SL, can you say a bit more about the $40m one-off in the presentation? I am thinking of buying, even after the big run-up from the listing price. They seem to have a reasonable moat around their business and have a lot of things gong for them that indicate they have good growth potential. I also like that they are on both the NZX and ASX and have operations in both countries. Maybe they will be another Mainfreight?
    Shepherd

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Preliminary Final Report Note 2 Footnote 1 (on Page 8).
    om mani peme hum

Going from strength to strength

Quote Originally Posted by Louloubell View Post
    Going from strength to strength
    Its strangely reassuring that there is no talk around DGL and it's just quietly excelling. Very happy holder!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Its strangely reassuring that there is no talk around DGL and it's just quietly excelling. Very happy holder!
    I confess I hold shares in this company,after deciding not to,.?
    A friend just kept emailling "I told you".
    I finally relented and bought into DGC.
    However I bought DGL in Aussie as they were trading at au S2.30 compared with over $2.90 here.
    Not sure of the financials,but their story is very good.

Hi percy, just curious, if dual-listing, why do you buy in ASX instead of in NZX, tax advantage even after currency exchange?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus2000 View Post
    Hi percy, just curious, if dual-listing, why do you buy in ASX instead of in NZX, tax advantage even after currency exchange?
    Currency.
    Today S1 NZ converts to 97 cents Aussie.
    Was about that when I bought, so NZ $2.90 converted to $2.813 so the $2.30 I paid was a good buy.
    NZ share price is currently $2.92 which converts to Aussie $2.834,so with last sale at $2.78 in Aussie it is still a bit cheaper there.
    The share price in both countries bounces around, so opportunities are there for us..lol
    Last edited by percy; 16-09-2021 at 02:45 PM.

Thanks Percy. Here is my thinking: eventually I will convert AUD to NZD for spending here. If I buy in ASX( which I did ), then I need to convert NZD to ASX to buy and sell there. Then I convert them back NZD, having not considered taxation, maybe too complicated and too much exchange fees for a small amount of the trade. But good for you to exploit that.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus2000 View Post
    Thanks Percy. Here is my thinking: eventually I will convert AUD to NZD for spending here. If I buy in ASX( which I did ), then I need to convert NZD to ASX to buy and sell there. Then I convert them back NZD, having not considered taxation, maybe too complicated and too much exchange fees for a small amount of the trade. But good for you to exploit that.
    I always buy to hang on for ever.
    Therefore I was looking at the cheapest entry to DGC/DGL.
    I guess traders will take advantage of arbitrage opportunities as they arise.
    My income stocks are NZ, where I get imputation credits ,while my aggressive portfolio is mainly small cap Australian companies,which I think have excellent growth potential..
    In NZ I have large holdings in a few companies,while in Australia I have small holdings in a number of companies.
    Last edited by percy; 16-09-2021 at 03:52 PM.

A very upbeat and positive annual report