sharetrader
Page 73 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: DGL - DGL Group

thanks Rawz

Simon Henrys holding worth say $98m so at $18m loan he is safe as houses from a margin call one would think. Even if SP halved again he would be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Simon Henrys holding worth say $98m so at $18m loan he is safe as houses from a margin call one would think. Even if SP halved again he would be fine
    You are making a huge assumption that he has not used his DGL shares as collateral for other personal loans.

It is highly unusual imo for any public listed company to extend a loan (using debt off its own balance sheet) to its CEO/MD to refinance his personal debts using the company’s shares as security.

Remember how Simon on a few occasions in the last 2 years entered the market and bought DGL shares to demonstrate his confidence in the company? Where did he get the money from to buy those shares?

So in effect, we now have a situation where DGL has funded the purchase of those ‘expensive’ shares Simon bought!

And there were some posters here who bought too on the back of Simon buying. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    You are making a huge assumption that he has not used his DGL shares as collateral for other personal loans.

It is highly unusual imo for any public listed company to extend a loan (using debt off its own balance sheet) to its CEO/MD to refinance his personal debts using the company’s shares as security.

Remember how Simon on a few occasions in the last 2 years entered the market and bought DGL shares to demonstrate his confidence in the company? Where did he get the money from to buy those shares?

So in effect, we now have a situation where DGL has funded the purchase of those ‘expensive’ shares Simon bought!

And there were some posters here who bought too on the back of Simon buying. Ouch!
    Where does it say he borrowed the $18m from DGL balance sheet? I cant see that written anywhere

Not unusual to follow insiders when they buy. I wouldnt be too hard on ones self if you are in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Where does it say he borrowed the $18m from DGL balance sheet? I cant see that written anywhere

Not unusual to follow insiders when they buy. I wouldnt be too hard on ones self if you are in that position.
    I stand corrected - you are right re the margin loan.

You wouldn't see me buying shares in a company when an insider like Simon buys shares, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Balance; 27-06-2023 at 09:13 AM.

Bought a few this morning, but I haven't put to much work in here and have put it in the "punt" (vs investment) category. Reason for purchase - director buying 150k worth, looks oversold, ebitda:ev currently around 4, SP close to NTA as backstop, relatively reliable industry, had a good close yesterday In an overall down market - selling could be slowing down and the majority of tax selling will end in the next few days.

Could be another downgrade which would be the big risk here to the above thesis.

In terms of how much I bought it's a very small amount.
    Last edited by NZSilver; 28-06-2023 at 12:27 PM.

Good run today 👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Good run today 👍👍
    Timed your buy beautifully. ….well done
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Good run today ����
    Also bought some at the almost low !

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Timed your buy beautifully. ….well done
    Still early days... lets see how this company goes over the medium term.