sharetrader

Thread: Oatly Group AB

Hybrid View

Default Oatly Group AB

Did anyone jump on this ipo? Bought a few to see how they go... it’s going to give milk a run for it’s money I recon!

nope and never will. Just like the non-meat burger craze, their valuations were never justifiable. Look at Beyond Meats for example, as of last trading:

BYND (Beyond Meat Inc) Last: 106.59 -0.94 -0.8742% (Vol: 1424121) Daily Range: (106.463-109.36) 52-Week Range: (99.86-221.0) Cap: 6,721,935,036 Postmkt: 106.8 +0.21 +0.197% (Vol: 103061.0)

Poor souls that bought BYND when it was over $220 ? Beyond announced they were going into China to sell their meatless burgers... with poor results ; gee you wonder why? The Chinese don't eat burgers. How are those meatless burgers selling at Burger King? So bad that they had to give them away in NZ. Yes I got one of those free soy based patty whoppers and it was OK but not paying a premium for it. I would imagine the dairy free stuff (if there will be a craze) is going the same way... fizzles out in demand.

Yes but the non meat isn’t any everyday thing... I have switched to oak milk, after my wife. Now my mum n dad are on it... we go through a carton a day (coffees etc). Have moved away from milk cos of health reasons and I think this will be a trend that continues.

Did u see they are looking to put a facility in down in Southland to do oak milk processing?

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

My daughter tells me that she uses oat milk because it doesn't burn on the bottom of the pot as easily as cow's milk does when she heats it for porridge.

That is enough of a selling point for her. She'd still be a vegetarian if it weren't for bacon. . . I don't think the craze for ersatz animal products is going away any time soon.

Thanks, I'll have a look at Oatly.

Mmmm… this one has taken a dodgy turn… could be a bit of a bumpy ride over the next few months…

“ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

It’s the A2 of the oat world! I’m stoked I jumped out a few months back.