sharetrader
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Jarden Direct

  1. #1
    Guru justakiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    2,569

    Default Jarden Direct

    Anyone use Jarden Direct? If so, has the navigation menu changed for you? All mine is now showing is “help” and “log out” - can’t navigate to wallet, portfolio, trades etc anymore. Was fine until about two days ago.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Try putting in 'Direct Broking' in your search term. They have been changing over their website. I don't particularly like the new one, myself, yet. They are working on 'Jarden Direct' perhaps that's why it's off. The old one is OK at the moment.

  3. #3
    Guru justakiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    Tried that but it doesn’t recognise my log in details. Thanks for the suggestion though.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Try putting in 'Direct Broking' in your search term. They have been changing over their website. I don't particularly like the new one, myself, yet. They are working on 'Jarden Direct' perhaps that's why it's off. The old one is OK at the moment.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 29-05-2021 at 01:19 PM.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Experienced folks - what's normal with trades via Jarden Direct? I purchased the day before ex date Jarden didn't settle until the day after ex date (2 days later) therefore I missed the divvy. Is that normal?

  5. #5
    Legend peat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Whanganui, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    Experienced folks - what's normal with trades via Jarden Direct? I purchased the day before ex date Jarden didn't settle until the day after ex date (2 days later) therefore I missed the divvy. Is that normal?
    if your trade went through before ex date then you're entitled to the dividend.
    Settlement is usually two days after trade date (I think - unless its changed down to one). But settlement date is irrelevant. Trade date is the key.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    if your trade went through before ex date then you're entitled to the dividend.
    Settlement is usually two days after trade date (I think - unless its changed down to one). But settlement date is irrelevant. Trade date is the key.
    Thanks Peat, much appreciated info. Who should I raise this issue with? Jarden or the company (SPK) or Link Market Services?

  7. #7
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    3,201

    Default

    Jarden....

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Jarden....
    Thanks and found it now. Jarden received the divvy as the trade was inflight. They credited to my trading account (yep i should have looked there first). All sorted. Thanks for great advice experienced folks :-)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •