sharetrader

Thread: Jarden Direct

Default Jarden Direct

Anyone use Jarden Direct? If so, has the navigation menu changed for you? All mine is now showing is “help” and “log out” - can’t navigate to wallet, portfolio, trades etc anymore. Was fine until about two days ago.

Try putting in 'Direct Broking' in your search term. They have been changing over their website. I don't particularly like the new one, myself, yet. They are working on 'Jarden Direct' perhaps that's why it's off. The old one is OK at the moment.

Tried that but it doesn’t recognise my log in details. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Try putting in 'Direct Broking' in your search term. They have been changing over their website. I don't particularly like the new one, myself, yet. They are working on 'Jarden Direct' perhaps that's why it's off. The old one is OK at the moment.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 29-05-2021 at 01:19 PM.

Experienced folks - what's normal with trades via Jarden Direct? I purchased the day before ex date Jarden didn't settle until the day after ex date (2 days later) therefore I missed the divvy. Is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    Experienced folks - what's normal with trades via Jarden Direct? I purchased the day before ex date Jarden didn't settle until the day after ex date (2 days later) therefore I missed the divvy. Is that normal?
    if your trade went through before ex date then you're entitled to the dividend.
    Settlement is usually two days after trade date (I think - unless its changed down to one). But settlement date is irrelevant. Trade date is the key.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    if your trade went through before ex date then you're entitled to the dividend.
    Settlement is usually two days after trade date (I think - unless its changed down to one). But settlement date is irrelevant. Trade date is the key.
    Thanks Peat, much appreciated info. Who should I raise this issue with? Jarden or the company (SPK) or Link Market Services?

Guru

Jarden....

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Jarden....
    Thanks and found it now. Jarden received the divvy as the trade was inflight. They credited to my trading account (yep i should have looked there first). All sorted. Thanks for great advice experienced folks :-)