Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
From what I recall, switching on years between FIF & CV does not apply to managed funds like PIE but rather, is only allowed for private individuals. As long as the funds that hold the equities can determine a fair market value (ie. any share on the stock exchange), then the FDR must be used....

....Again, it would be great if someone in industry can directly clarify what i've said. It's too easy to make assumptions instead of finding the facts. If the references i've made are out of date, then I stand corrected.
It is clear that most of what you think you understand and continually criticize about the NZ tax regime is incorrect.
We are not going to get anywhere educating you until you clear your mind and then start again from the ground up.

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
Yes a NZ company that does NOT trade on the NZX. If it were a dual listed company, then it would give the option for NZ investors to buy Xero on the NZX and benefit from tax free capital gains? Correct me if i'm mistaken.
Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
The IRD website explains that XRO does not come under FIF at all because it is a NZ company.

You treat it the same as, for example, Mainfreight or Turners.
Which part did you not understand?