sharetrader
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

One comment to the article states that because hydrogen is less energy dense than diesel the current 600 litre tank (about 0.6 cubic metres if my arithmetic is right) would need to be replaced by a 5 cubic metre hydrogen tank for equivalent energy, even at 10,000 psi pressure.
    As well as bulky this would probably be enormously heavy even when empty, based on my limited knowledge of gas bottles. And hydrogen is very combustible, nevermind the pressure as well.
    Is hydrogen for trucks really just a nice idea but impractical?

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    One comment to the article states that because hydrogen is less energy dense than diesel the current 600 litre tank (about 0.6 cubic metres if my arithmetic is right) would need to be replaced by a 5 cubic metre hydrogen tank for equivalent energy, even at 10,000 psi pressure.
    As well as bulky this would probably be enormously heavy even when empty, based on my limited knowledge of gas bottles. And hydrogen is very combustible, nevermind the pressure as well.
    https://www.electrive.com/2021/02/18...or-new-zealand

Quote Originally Posted by flyinglizard View Post
    Interesting. 6.1%

I'm in @ 112

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    There is a lot of hype around hydrogen, but there are significant issues that need to be resolved from generation (electrolysis is a slow inefficient and expensive process requiring vast quantities of electricity and water) to storage (hydrogen embrittles metal and readily escapes containment vessels due to its molecular size) to refueling and vehicle supply. Of the 1500 units that have been 'ordered' by Hiringa from Hyzon who have yet to being manufacture of vehicles, I believe five are destined from TIL for trial in the relatively short-term.

There is a niche market for hydrogen at the moment, but it could easily be overtaken by pure BEV's given the market and supply chain is far more mature.

Right now there is one thing for certain: there is one direction for freight costs, as that it up.
    Last edited by Zaphod; 05-07-2021 at 03:22 PM.

I would like to stick to the Australian business expansion or acquisition, it is certain and feasible.

The company register shows that new Chris Dunphy is also a director of Speedmark, which is a big company providing transportation services with over 70 offices world wide. A
    global top 20 full service logistics provider, according to its website.

I guess that Chris Dunphy may be supported by Speedmark. Otherwise, sort of conflict interests, right? Be director for two different companies within the same industry.

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/...84KVQL8AAAA%3D

https://www.speedmark.com/
    Last edited by flyinglizard; 05-07-2021 at 08:42 PM.

Governance rejuvination would be helpful

Most hydrogen production is steam reformation from natural gas feedstock as electrolysis is pretty inefficient - that defeats to some extent the emissions profile of using hydrogen as a fuel.

is that good or bad news .... thoughts
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”