Well All my taxable income and all my PIE income was correctly recorded on myIR. The IRD did my tax return and emailed me to look at it and if correct then submit it. Which I did. They did not include my PIE income.

snoopy there would be little point in having PIR rates if all you were going to do was have to pay the difference between what you declared and your marginal rate. Defeats the purpose altogether.

This is from page 24 of the guide

Investments in Portfolio Investment Entities (PIEs)
This year all attributed portfolio investment entity (PIE) income received by New Zealand resident individuals will be checked to make sure it has been taxed at the right prescribed investor rate (PIR) for the full year.
Because PIE income is taxed differently to your other taxable income, your annual income tax calculation now includes a separate PIE calculation. This is to work out whether you have paid the right amount
of tax on your PIE income based on the PIR you should have used. To find out what PIR you should be using, go to ird.govt.nz/pir
If you did not use the correct PIR for the full year and the outcome of the calculation is
• you did not pay enough tax, the difference is added to your tax on taxable income in Box 37.
• you paid too much tax, the difference is used to reduce your tax to pay and any remaining credit refunded as part of calculating residual income tax at Box 37A.
Page 42 has a worksheet to help you with the PIE calculation.

It is simply to check that you are using the correct PIR. Nothing else. It is not included in your return.

There is not much more I can say on the matter.

Best of luck.