sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DFABPCLMB

The instructions above are not 100% clear.

Select "Forum Actions" from the website menu bar > click "General Settings" > scroll down to the heading "Thread Display Options" > under "Default Thread Age Cut Off" select an option from the drop down list (e.g. "Show All Threads") > bottom of screen click "Save Changes".

Guru

Maybe they have decluttered the site to solve their IT problems.

Maybe changed the default for all users- mine was the same - only 2 threads in the ASX - changed it it to show all threads and all back

I did say the other day that a database error came up when trying to go to new posts - did this from 2 different PC's at two different locations and I don't mean two different rooms in the house :-) - 1 at home and 1 at work

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post

Select "Forum Actions" from the website menu bar > click "General Settings" > scroll down to the heading "Thread Display Options" > under "Default Thread Age Cut Off" select an option from the drop down list (e.g. "Show All Threads") > bottom of screen click "Save Changes".
    Thanks mate, much appreciated, that's very helpful.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post

Thanks Ferg, all sweet now

The approachable Admin Guy

Okay, - I changed by default each forum you can see the last year of threads and posts which is a global change, so by default that should please everyone.

If you want to customise that yourself, goto > settings > general settings > scroll down to > thread display options > Default Thread Age Cut Off and select what you want there.

Sorry about the confusion.

Vince

Hi Vince;
    While your on the improvements trail...............
    Why are the threads in Off Market Discussions and Cryptos forums unavailable to "Guest" visitors?
    Unintended consequences?
    Been this way since the Cryptos Forum was created by pulling threads out of Off Market Forum.
    "There is something wrong with a regime that requires a pyramid of corpses every few years." George Orwell.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Okay, - I changed by default each forum you can see the last year of threads and posts which is a global change, so by default that should please everyone.

If you want to customise that yourself, goto > settings > general settings > scroll down to > thread display options > Default Thread Age Cut Off and select what you want there.

Sorry about the confusion.

Vince
    Thanks Vince, I had not investigated these settings before.
    1) Anyone....will this fix the search issues I have had for a while...where a Google Search (thanks Winner) works better than the Share-Trader Search ?

2) I also changed the Thread Display Mode to "Linear - Newest First". Makes going to the last entry a bit quicker.
    Might be useful for some.