sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

They are in the loop. They were present when I sat the grand kids down and talked to them about what I was doing re their Sharesies accounts etc. They understand the basics but have a lot "on their plate" and don't have the time or interest to become involved to any great extent. They can see the benefit of what I am doing for the children and understand that it is a long term exercise. They are currently saving for their kids in bank accounts, which they will continue to do. I have explained that I would not be comfortable putting their contributions into anything very high risk, which is why I will not invest it in companies. I briefly explained funds to them, and will have another discussion about my choice of USF as an SP500 fund. I know there is always risk, but I believe an SP500 fund would be the "safest" choice. Whether USF is the best choice, I have no idea, but it is something I hold so am therefore familiar with. Warren Buffet has always said it doesn't matter which SP500 fund one chooses - just pick one. He has, however, suggested VOO in the past, which is what USF invests in. So, I feel comfortable going with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzoid View Post
    Time to bring them in the loop then. Let them decide.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    So, I feel comfortable going with it.
    So you should and Warren Buffett would back you up all the way with that decision