sharetrader
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default SDI: Remember to Brush Your Teeth

SDI Dental (SDI).

My Aunty Madge says...[twice removed}

Remember to consider brushing your teeth; and consider topping up SDI, BEFORE THE END of the month...(and before the rise kicks it up too much more !!)[],

as I've noticed a bit of a healthy rise for about ##10 days or now...

as the SDI...share split should...(IMO)... have a very nice healthy effect on your gums (and bank balance).

SDI is due(IMO) for a strong bit of a Good Solid upward Run; and intrinsically...IMO...SDI...are quite good value, and the market CAN FALL IN love sith SDI, and trade quite high PE's...

Just a thought...

kind regards,
    Robbo.
    Disclaimer:

The above comments are not to be taken as financial advice, and are just the whims and personal views of the author. The above comments are also NOT warranted for there veracity, authenticity or reliabiltiy in way.The above comments are said on a "without prejudice" basis, and the author reminds all sharetraders' to alwasy do their own independent research at all times.
    kind regards,
    Robbo.
    Robbo

Robbo - cheers mate - I like SDI fundamentals and SP and picked some up recently at $8.20 so I hope you're on the money with this call!!

KD

....or should I say I hope Aunt Madge is right
    KD

Definitely not my idea KD...all credit MUST go to Aunty Madge(twice removed)...on the idea of remembering to brush my teth with SDI !!,,

Lovely to hear from you KD...

Kindest regards,

Robbo.
    quote:Originally posted by KD

....or should I say I hope Aunt Madge is right
    Robbo

SDI should be viewed with caution. There have been increases in inventory which may or may not be significant. What is significant is SDI's treatment of research and development. Instead of expensing it it capitilises part of it. This is different from co's like Tech One and IBA who expense it 100%.

In this case SDI capitilised sufficient of its research to enable management to reach its profit target for bonuses to apply. I regard such actions as insights into the company.

Splitting the shares is another example of managing the share price rather than the company. It adds nothing of substance to the company. Wheras more concentration on shifting the inventory might allow the profit target to be hit without massaging the research expense figures and give a more honest profit figure.

Don't know what Aunty Madge and the boys at the pub reckon about that
    sort of behaviour, Davidrob.

PS Looking forward to reading your posts that signalled that Bab****and Brown was the intended recipient of $75k of the Davidrob Super Fund. How much have you got on SDI ?

Hi Kiwi!...

I think you'll find an appropriate response on the latest Astron thread mate...Sorry if I've annoyed/offended you though...

Apologies,

Regards.
    Robbo.

quote:Originally posted by k1w1

SDI should be viewed with caution. There have been increases in inventory which may or may not be significant. What is significant is SDI's treatment of research and development. Instead of expensing it it capitilises part of it. This is different from co's like Tech One and IBA who expense it 100%.

In this case SDI capitilised sufficient of its research to enable management to reach its profit target for bonuses to apply. I regard such actions as insights into the company.

Splitting the shares is another example of managing the share price rather than the company. It adds nothing of substance to the company. Wheras more concentration on shifting the inventory might allow the profit target to be hit without massaging the research expense figures and give a more honest profit figure.

PS Looking forward to reading your posts that signalled that Bab****and Brown was the intended recipient of $75k of the Davidrob Super Fund. How much have you got on SDI ?
    Robbo

SDI--Time to remember to Brush your Teeth

On 11/10/04--

I was verbally smashed "personally" for suggesting we keep an eye on SDI Dental Products:[}][8][}]

It quite hard sometimes to: "Go against The Crowd"

Anyway;... since it is nearly 1 month exactly a quick UP-Date, on SDI:

For those who bought on the date of the first Post on SDI they would have Paid: # $1.62.... Since then, and still trending UP--in 4 weeks time a nice healthy safe Rise of 21-22% on your original Investment; closing at just shy of $2.00---or put, another way; on $50,000--you would have made: $11,000 Profit.

Kind Regards,
    Robbo

quote:Originally posted by k1w1

Robbo

Where do you think it is going to from here, davidrob?

SDI--Dental (SDI)

My preliminary personal thoughts are that

(1) SDI has maybe 20-25 % Growth left in current Share price; between now and say end of Feb/early March(barring any external negative or positive Announcments for SDI which would naturally alter my personal view).....

(2) Number (1) view, is predicated; on current PE/PEG levels.... and historical tolerance--IMO--- of Market vis-a-vis SDI PE Multiples... to trade/assess/value this share(SDI); as relatively "low-perceived risk" and reliable growth in on-going & forward earnings; and thus Trade at higher than current Multiples...

(3) SDI often DOES give//provide up-graded Revised earnings forecasts before Half Year results: so will watch THAT ANNOUNCEMENT SPACE with interest and expect it, based on PREVIOUS SDI experience, to be more than likely, to be UPBEATISH....[]--but that is my intuition speaking and is NOT scientific !!![]

(4) Personally, I RATE future of SDI as: between Very-good to excellent; or on a scale of 1 to 10, somewhere around, approaching an 8--8.5 out of possible 10....But that of course is my personal view.

(5) Remeber that the last 20% increase is mainly in a "Resticted Trading Period" under SDIDA--so although there may be a minor small dip, I bleive with improved liquidation due to the split, and shares coming out of escrow, we'll see the smaller-medium INSTO's, maybe enter the SDI share refgister; as SDI is a Stock that would fit--IMO--many INSTO mandates....

Hope that answers YOUR querry,

Regards,

Robbo.

Robbo

good call robbo.

and naturally, you are not required to advise your holdings in any company's you post on here. I'm surprised that anyone would have the audacity to suggest otherwise!

cheers
    Rev