sharetrader
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Indeed. AUD/Silver has been a perfect storm against them for several years. I could see SDI at 70cps by year end, but, management don't have a good track record for straight talk, shareholder interests and capital management, so this is definitely not a no risk play.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    Indeed. AUD/Silver has been a perfect storm against them for several years. I could see SDI at 70cps by year end, but, management don't have a good track record for straight talk, shareholder interests and capital management, so this is definitely not a no risk play.
    Reached your 70cps target today, with 5 months to spare.

Looks like some decent board rejuvenation happening at the moment as well.
    Share prices follow earnings....buy EPS growth!!

Yeah, there are a lot of shares moving mighty fast, including SDI. I'm always a bit worried when investment is too easy and it is starting to get too easy. Someone who made their first ever sharemarket investment this year gave me a stock tip the other day (XRO).

The next set of results will have to be decent to justify the share price - remember, SDI was in breach of their banking covenants at their last report.

If the price keeps moving, I hope the directors take advantage of a strong share price to raise some equity towards a stronger balance sheet and/or an intelligent acquisition.

They missed the opportunity when the share price went up 20 fold in the early 2000's - the CEO sold a few million of stock to buy a house, and that was it. This lack of action really hurt them when things turned down, and it wasn't long ago that the debt roughly equalled the market cap.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

percy

Pleasing result out yesterday.Net profit forecast for the year is between $5.2mil and $6mil.EPS for the 6months were up from 1.9 cents to 2.3cents.Nice surprise is that they will pay a 2cent divie.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Pleasing result out yesterday.Net profit forecast for the year is between $5.2mil and $6mil.EPS for the 6months were up from 1.9 cents to 2.3cents.Nice surprise is that they will pay a 2cent divie.
    that would be a nice surprise Percy, unfortunately only 0.2 cents!
    Share prices follow earnings....buy EPS growth!!

percy

Whoops!!!
    Got that wrong!!!!

Percy,

Full year forecast out now. And it looks like they have turned a corner. I love turnaround stocks as you can pick them up for a bargain. CVT.NZ a recent example.

Quick Summary
    -after tax profit in the range of $5.7m to $6.2m compared to $4.7m for the same period last year. This should result in eps=0.05
    -Second half sales are up "sales increase of 3.8% when allowing for currency fluctuations". First half sales were flat in constant currency terms.

At the half year, NPAT was $2.7mill. However, this included a tax benefit of $0.2mill. So second have has been strong at the bottom line. Perhaps $3.2mill for the second half. Annualise that and you get a pe<10.

As 90%of their sales are outside Australia, they should not be too affected by the limp aussie consumer. Exchange rate is key.

DISC:Holding
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

percy

Thanks noodles.
    Still holding,full year result due 25th August.
    Should get GLH's result about the same time.

SDI was possibly one of my first multi-baggers back in 2001-2003. For the most part since then it has been a bit of a dog. But I picked up a few following the recent profit guidance. First time I've held in over 10 years!

Also Under the Radar Report, for the most part a pretty average newsletter, tipped them last night which explains some of today's spike