multiplying

exponentally

from that level, like is happening in OZ

from what I remember - infections for Aust:

2 days ago 358

yesterday 435

today 700+

Imbedded & entrenched on the loose, the numbers keep multiplying

Once underway - that's only the ones they know about - it could be 2 or 3 times
    worse on infected people but they either dont know it or realise what it is
    yes - hence why we are under level 4 lockdown (which NSW failed to do, even now). This is a repeat of last April - hard lockdown and let any infections (detected or not) burn through two transmission cycles in each household bubble.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    All cases restricted to the North Island so far, so no real worries for most of the country.
    Exactly lets keep it in perspective, locked down in Q/town so couldn't be in a better place excepting the skiing has been put on ice(Stuff the 48 hrs to get home, we're staying put for now)
    Last edited by couta1; 18-08-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    yes - hence why we are under level 4 lockdown (which NSW failed to do, even now). This is a repeat of last April - hard lockdown and let any infections (detected or not) burn through two transmission cycles in each household bubble.
    Agree...absolute minimum 4 week lockdown, probably longer. I am going to reactivate my Netflix subscription this time. Might as well do some mindless bingeing as well as keeping a wary eye on what the market is doing.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Exactly lets keep it in perspective, locked down in Q/town so couldn't be in a better place excepting the skiing has been put on ice(Stuff the 48 hrs to get home, we're staying put for now)
    it’s been on the loose in Auckland for at least a week with hundreds of close contacts already identified - the odds are high of at least a few close contacts catching flights/driving to multiple other NZ cities (Queenstown would be high on that list of potential destinations). Hence why the whole country is quite rightly in level 4.

Couta you seem pretty relaxed for someone who just kissed goodbye to the best snow week of the season. I guess it's better to have loved and to have lost.....

Advanced Member

deleted......

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Agree...absolute minimum 4 week lockdown, probably longer. I am going to reactivate my Netflix subscription this time. Might as well do some mindless bingeing as well as keeping a wary eye on what the market is doing.

Amazon prime would be more up your street. Lots of car shows and a very funny farming show with Jeremy Clarkson, plus an excellent series called the man in the high castle

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Couta you seem pretty relaxed for someone who just kissed goodbye to the best snow week of the season. I guess it's better to have loved and to have lost.....
    Epic day at Coronet yesterday and just a taste of what was to come as you say, hopefully we can get rolling again if its centered in Auckland area only.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Amazon prime would be more up your street. Lots of car shows and a very funny farming show with Jeremy Clarkson, plus an excellent series called the man in the high castle
    I had amazon prime for a month.
    There's not really a lot on there and the movies are d grade.
    The best shows on there are
    The Expanse
    The boys
    The tick.
    I watched them all
    Started watching Picard but the month ran out.
    So far the best streaming sites are Neon and Disney

Epic day at Coronet yesterday and just a taste of what was to come as you say, hopefully we can get rolling again if its centered in Auckland area only.
    Sounds like good fun but what happens if the whole of N.Z. stays in a Level 4 lockdown for months ?, (Sydney 8 weeks into this and counting and the virus is out of control there with exponential growth), and your 48 hour window to return home has expired ? You could be left with a REALLY hefty accommodation bill for a VERY LONG stay.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Thanks, great idea, I will give that a go. I'm quite partial to the old team from Top Gear and haven't ever got around to watching their new show on Amazon Prime.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine