sharetrader
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Some good posts in here. I don't trust the Chinese and I believe the geopolitical tensions over things like IP theft and Taiwan (just two examples) will get worse over time. For me, if you have no trust in their reporting and auditing systems and no trust in the CCP, one is best to stay out.

I think Marlin have this and Tencent wrong.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Some good posts in here. I don't trust the Chinese and I believe the geopolitical tensions over things like IP theft and Taiwan (just two examples) will get worse over time. For me, if you have no trust in their reporting and auditing systems and no trust in the CCP, one is best to stay out.

I think Marlin have this and Tencent wrong.

Couldn't agree more

Still lots of pension funds and hedge funds exiting BABA, putting lots of pressure on the stock price. Last week there was Softback registering a large portion of their BABA holdings into ADR. This is the process where the shares can be sold on the market at any moment. They've played it down but who knows - it seems to be a bearish move over the long term.

Meanwhile, i've been very successful selling weekly put options on BABA.