sharetrader

Default KNI - Kuniko limited

Did anyone buy any of this Vulcan spin-off IPO?
    At 20 cents it was easy money with the SP sitting at $2.72 a couple of days later.

I applied for my allocation (plus some) but haven't seen any documentation since a confirmation of receipt of my money ... not sure what is going on there. Hate to have missed out.

You will be hoping you got your allocation ... I wish I did ..but was never following the VUL story so only heard about KNI as guys talking about its unreal run from IPO talk about wrongly priced from IPO
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Did anyone buy any of this Vulcan spin-off IPO?
    At 20 cents it was easy money with the SP sitting at $2.72 a couple of days later.

I applied for my allocation (plus some) but haven't seen any documentation since a confirmation of receipt of my money ... not sure what is going on there. Hate to have missed out.
    Like you, I applied under the priority allocation from VUL paid the funds etc with confirmations. Haven't heard a thing including no return of funds. Emailed the registry about 10 days ago ..no reply. Was nothing in the registry (Automatic) funds. I logged back into registry last night and there is now a line item for KNI with nothing showing and return "cash return failed".

So missed out.
    Pretty unimpressed not to have an allocation given VUL holder and the shambles of the process

Suggest you log into the register
    Last edited by TFA; 02-09-2021 at 12:17 PM. Reason: corrections

It appears to have been a right circus.
    I still see nothing in my Automic account.
    As you say, given our entitlement as a VUL holder I would also be pissed to have missed out. Even more pissed to have missed out and not be informed of that before it went to $3.
    I have sent several emails over the past week and no response to them either.

We hold VUL with IBKR. Applied and got allocated 10% of what we applied for... sold as soon as they appeared in our trading account @ $2.15. Was buying for a long-term hold, but instead of taking years to get to 10x it took days so that was our time to exit. In hindsight should have stayed for $3...

Something fishy with Automic?

Normally wouldn't KNI release an announcement stating how much was applied for in the priority offer for VUL shareholders and what the scale back was? Should all be transparent I would've thought?

Quote Originally Posted by polglase View Post
    Normally wouldn't KNI release an announcement stating how much was applied for in the priority offer for VUL shareholders and what the scale back was? Should all be transparent I would've thought?
    That has been my experience with offers in the past.
    The no response at all does nothing for their credibility.

Congratulations on the 10 bagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    It appears to have been a right circus.
    I still see nothing in my Automic account.
    As you say, given our entitlement as a VUL holder I would also be pissed to have missed out. Even more pissed to have missed out and not be informed of that before it went to $3.
    I have sent several emails over the past week and no response to them either.
    It makes you wonder what legal remedies as shareholder in Vulcan been disadvantaged. Especially if shares were issued to non Vulcan holders.

Quote Originally Posted by TFA View Post
    It makes you wonder what legal remedies as shareholder in Vulcan been disadvantaged. Especially if shares were issued to non Vulcan holders.
    Class action anyone?

So, the shares are still not showing up in my investor portal at automic, but I got a letter today saying I have a positive balance of the shares requested so I guess that is a win.