sharetrader
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Bremworth BRW

Quote Originally Posted by haewai View Post
    Sliding share price is sad
    But glad to hear of these sort of deals: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-ba...7EXLUKZ5G2XQU/

" ... its carpet was "going out of the door" as fast as they could make it."
    Thanks Haewai - That is good news. Maybe Cavalier can get back to the Halcyon days of 30c dividends and $3 plus sp that I remember so well. Cavalier was a great investment for me in those days and my biggest shareholding at the time.

A manufacturing plant running at full capacity is a very very good sign.

See Bremworth got a $798,000 hand out from the government to help them make Napier plant more energy efficient -- use heat pumps instead of gas to heat up the water

Corporate welfare in action

That's good eh
    Last edited by winner69; 26-04-2022 at 02:08 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    See Bremworth got a $798,000 hand out from the government to help them make Napier plant more energy efficient -- use heat pumps instead of gas to heat up the water

Corporate welfare in action

That's good eh
    If you compare it with the $51,000,000 they shelled out for the Auckland Harbour Bridge cycle way investigation you would have to conclude that it was an outstandingly good decision

Guru

did anyone check what supplier of bikes got the contracts for the cycle way ? did the bikes actually arrive and get distributed to the public?

free bikes ! did anyone get a choice of color make and model?

just take a shareholding stake. Thats what they will do when the great recession arrives just like they did with AIR.

Nationalise the NZX.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 26-04-2022 at 09:16 PM.

Morbid fascination made me have a look at my old CAV files and updated the sales chart

Wow - don't think I've ever seen such a long consistent decline in sales

Suppose that's why not chat on ST about them
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Which is a real shame when we are in a country that has a strong history of producing wool and should be encouraging the use of natural fibres as opposed to petrochemical synthetics. If it's logical for the government to subsidise EVs and phase out ICEs why aren't they banning synthetic carpets?

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Morbid fascination made me have a look at my old CAV files and updated the sales chart

Wow - don't think I've ever seen such a long consistent decline in sales

Suppose that's why not chat on ST about them
    Isn't part of the sales decline because they have stopped selling synthetic carpets?

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Isn't part of the sales decline because they have stopped selling synthetic carpets?

SNOOPY

and fierce competition etc from the other industry major who owns the bits that fell out of Feltex ?

Selling off the freehold real estate always was going to be a do or slow die - wasn't it ?

Unfortunately a resource sapping litigation from the other play has reared it's ugly head to get in the way too
    Last edited by nztx; 09-03-2023 at 01:24 PM.

DFABPCLMB

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Which is a real shame when we are in a country that has a strong history of producing wool and should be encouraging the use of natural fibres as opposed to petrochemical synthetics. If it's logical for the government to subsidise EVs and phase out ICEs why aren't they banning synthetic carpets?
    Agree it's a shame as you say but for some areas carpet beetle is a major issue. Don't ask me how I know but there is no way I will put in a new wool carpet. Definitely synthetic for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Agree it's a shame as you say but for some areas carpet beetle is a major issue. Don't ask me how I know but there is no way I will put in a new wool carpet. Definitely synthetic for me.
    Funny, you were corrected on that two years ago: https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...l=1#post900114