G'day,

I'm a 20 year old from Palmy. I have been keen about finance for a while. I've been a contributor to PersonalFinanceNZ on Reddit for a while and had been lurking on ST forums for a few months.

I had wanted to be a property investor for a while but over the past few years PI has gone from being something which could have been viable to not worth the trouble anymore. This leaves me with no choice but to learn stock investing instead. I am a bit of a Boglehead but over the next few years I'd like to learn fundamental investing and be able to make some good stock picks.

I've done the typical thing of keeping some decent amount of cash aside (at least for a 20 year old), switched my KiwiSaver over to Simplicity, contributing $1k to get $500, and I have a humble Sharesies portfolio consisting of ASX.KGN, NZX.CO2, NZX.SKT, and USF.USX. The aspiration is to be a buy and hold investor.

I'm looking forward to being around likeminded people here. There's not many people who are comfortable talking about money or investing. Fortunately here I can talk about finance which excites me.