sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Default Introduction

G'day,

I'm a 20 year old from Palmy. I have been keen about finance for a while. I've been a contributor to PersonalFinanceNZ on Reddit for a while and had been lurking on ST forums for a few months.

I had wanted to be a property investor for a while but over the past few years PI has gone from being something which could have been viable to not worth the trouble anymore. This leaves me with no choice but to learn stock investing instead. I am a bit of a Boglehead but over the next few years I'd like to learn fundamental investing and be able to make some good stock picks.

I've done the typical thing of keeping some decent amount of cash aside (at least for a 20 year old), switched my KiwiSaver over to Simplicity, contributing $1k to get $500, and I have a humble Sharesies portfolio consisting of ASX.KGN, NZX.CO2, NZX.SKT, and USF.USX. The aspiration is to be a buy and hold investor.

I'm looking forward to being around likeminded people here. There's not many people who are comfortable talking about money or investing. Fortunately here I can talk about finance which excites me.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

At a young age you should be going high risk high quality companies, you will find better returns on the NYSE than here in NZ

I'm in my 40s I have several million invested in the share market so I have to hedge my bets and protect my portfolio .

You are young and have many decades ahead to grow your wealth which is your strength.

There should be no reason why you should not be financially free and able to retire in your 30s so long as you invest 50 to 80% of your annual income.

Stopping you from achieving this will be:

Your self
    Your ego wasting money on things you don't need
    Friends holding you back
    Girl/Boyfriend not sharing the same vision
    New Zealanders hate towards money
    NZ medias hate towards money and wealth.
    Comments on social media and forums like this.

Achieving vast Wealth can be very lonely but opens up world's to new freedoms most people will ever experience in there short life times.

Hopefully this helps.

Guru

I would actually advocate high spending on hobbies and sex while young.

Youur body will decay leading to much less enjoyment from these. While you can still work later on.

Guru

Plus its a time where you still have lots of friends from school.
    So make use of those support networks where possible.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 26-11-2021 at 11:40 AM.

wrt to dualistic dichotomy demomstrated by TeslaGod vs PandaNZ I think a middle ground is probably sufficient. I definitely believe in living ones life and youth is a great time to do it.
    For instance despite its obvious financial benefits I would suggest most people leave home by 20 at the latest because (I think) its hard to find yourself when smothered by the safety of a middle class upbringing.

my tip is to read all of Beagles posts and Mavericks too. Snoopy is a bit involved but will show you what can be done if you have the determination. Percy is onto it but doesnt crunch the numbers for you.
    Ignore all the spite.

Understand TA just for the additional perspective
    P/E is interesting but P/E/G is really where its at.

Dont trust a word the Directors and Execs say.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post

Youur body will decay leading to much less enjoyment from these. While you can still work later on.
    Totally disagree

From a males perspective if you are financially free at the age of 30 your pool of female mates is drastically increased giving you the best available healthy usually younger and better looking than your self to begin the process of starting a healthy stable wealthy family.

This is science and as in the animal kingdom, The top female species choose there mate on hierarchy in the herd.

There's a reason why many Billionaire's marry super models.

Wealthy men marry the same class and lower.

Wealthy women marry the same class and higher

Statistics prove this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    Totally disagree

From a males perspective if you are financially free at the age of 30 your pool of female mates is drastically increased giving you the best available healthy usually younger and better looking than your self to begin the process of starting a healthy stable wealthy family.

This is science and as in the animal kingdom, The top female species choose there mate on hierarchy in the herd.

There's a reason why many Billionaire's marry super models.

Wealthy men marry the same class and lower.

Wealthy women marry the same class and higher

Statistics prove this.
    Sounds incredibly shallow, I wonder how many of these relationships last for the long haul, not many id bet.

Welcome to the forum! My tip to you at your age is to be brave and take educated risks, you can afford to fail at your age.
    Last edited by Norwest; 23-11-2021 at 06:59 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post

No surprises, that with all the effort gone into getting Pandas to breed in captivity, you would advocate free love.

Oops, have I just had a Simon Bridges moment?

Perhaps we both have.
    Last edited by Getty; 26-11-2021 at 11:41 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    No surprises, that with all the effort gone into getting Pandas to breed in captivity, you would advocate free love.

Oops, have I just had a Simon Bridges moment?

Perhaps we both have.
    Pandas would not fit in the back seat of my Nissan.?