sharetrader
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Guru

There's an extensive EU bureaucracy with rules on the curves of vegetables among other things.

So little to no credibility there. Maybe the swede resident uses NZ as a tax haven?
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 12-12-2021 at 05:03 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    It's rather unfair that Luxon pays 0% tax. Neither party currently seems willing to fix it.

Is it ?

How about the rest of the 75% of Kiwi Taxpayers who pay no tax, but are in effect Net Tax Reciprients ?

How did that happen ?

Who is keeping all those Net Tax Reciprients afloat & paying up for that lot ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Who is keeping all those Net Tax Reciprients afloat & paying up for that lot ?
    Workers pay tax to sometimes waste on business subsidies.

Guru

"15-30% tax rate."

15% GST here in NZ.

GUARD your family silver ... they are coming for it...

There will be a Dooms day book for NZ soon!!!

Oh no MR B will have to document his bowl of bones!!!!

Last edited by Waltzing; 11-12-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Advanced Member

It's rather unfair that Luxon pays 0% tax. Neither party currently seems willing to fix it.

Is that what Mr Luxon has said?

Provide the link or source.

And what about Whanau Ora? Who set it up?

Advanced Member

Happy to pay my share of tax as legislated. Appreciate the IC's, top up to 39% through RWT at year end. Had my PAYE deducted on my salary when I was working in the company I owned. FIF tax as and when required. And I wouldn't mind a traditional capital gains tax - say 15% on assets held more than a year, marginal rate for less. But what irritates me is when I hold assets for years and years and years, enjoying dividends along the way, buying because the company was doing something interesting (funding it to grow, for the dividends, a long term expansion plan), then got taken over or the circumstances of that company changed (say stopped paying dividends or something counter to the rational I had when I invested into it) the argy bargy I have to go through with my accountant on if its on revenue account or capital account and the subsequent reviews I get by the IRD. If you want a capital gains tax - introduce one, but wish the Gov & IRD would stop trying to niggle their way around the lack of one. If you tread cautiously, as I do, and don't take unnecessary loopholes or act in bad faith, then you shouldn't feel persecuted for *only* paying tax exactly as set out in our tax legislation as set out by our elected MPs. Those little black letters asking individuals to detail their assets belongs in the bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    ..... when they come for your family silver its GUNS at the Gates...
    This is the sort of bat**** crazy talk that bedevils the US. We don't need or want it here.

Go away!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    This is the sort of bat**** crazy talk that bedevils the US. We don't need or want it here.

Go away!
    davflaws - was reading about you in the herald today - pretty cool mate. good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    davflaws - was reading about you in the herald today - pretty cool mate. good work.
    I hope that was about the stock picking contest rather than exposing my secret life as an international nude barbed wire fence hurdler.

I got really lucky one year. Fortunately I pick stocks from my portfolio (though weighted differently) and made a few bucks. But that was sheer luck.

This year reality bit. ATM, PX1, OCA. Nuff said!