sharetrader
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    davflaws - was reading about you in the herald today - pretty cool mate. good work.
    Don't tease. Got a link ?

Currently running 42 out of 360 in the 2021 competition with about a 23% gain for the year against the NZX50 dropping ~4% so I suppose that's a pretty good result. OCA my only loser in the share competition and my real portfolio for 2021 after a stellar year in 2020 when I doubled my money on it.

I wish somebody with IT skills would step up to the plate and run the 2022 competition.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-12-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

NZX has exceeded the pre-corona peak of 12k compared to Australia.

10% vs 4% and even with no interest rate hike until 2024.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 12-12-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    I hope that was about the stock picking contest rather than exposing my secret life as an international nude barbed wire fence hurdler.

I got really lucky one year. Fortunately I pick stocks from my portfolio (though weighted differently) and made a few bucks. But that was sheer luck.

This year reality bit. ATM, PX1, OCA. Nuff said!
    Ouch, you really hit the "trifecta" there !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Ouch, you really hit the "trifecta" there !
    Usual good year for me.Up,down and the same.
    Core holdings which I will continue to hold.

The Same....SPK finished the year where it started,but paid great divies..
    The Down...GNE.Down 18% for the year,but paid great divies.
    The Ups.....HGH Up 43.55%,and paid good divies.
    ................PAZ Pharmazen Ltd.on Unlisted.up 29%.My largest holding.
    ................SFF Silver Fern Farms Ltd on Unlisted.Up 57%,and paid a great divie .My 2nd largest holding.
    Last edited by percy; 12-12-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Yeah pretty good year for me with strong gains on HGH, TRA and PAZ, (thank you and now realised gains), very good realized gains and dividends on WHS and Barramundi warrants with a large stake being some of the highlights. 14% for HLG inclusive of dividends is not too shabby in a market down 4%. ARV have done okay as have ARG. Bit disappointed with how GNE and OCA are presently being treated by the market but they are good companies and I am looking for better things from them in 2022.

Finishing up the year with my portfolio up 24% compared to December 2020 (a 28% outperformance compared to the NZX50). Satisfied with that.
    Lot of cash to deploy for 2022.
    BOT will get some of it and HLG. More international diversification is coming. Some bonds might also get a look in if they tick up to 5% or a little higher. 2022 is going to be an interesting year with inflation and interest rates providing more headwinds for the market.
    How I feel about my 2021 portfolio performance...good hunting, job done.
    Contentedbeagle.jpg

How I still feel about my portfolio performance in 2020. How many extra dog bones can you fit into storage in one year !! WOW what a year that was !! I guess it was always going to be impossible to replicate this yearReallycontentedbeagle.jpg
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-12-2021 at 06:30 PM.

percy

I think we some times forget how rewarding the share market can be.
    OK we may have the odd year when we are well down.ie 1987,2001,9/11 and GFC,how ever, the good years are incredible with a sensible portfolio.
    Poor performers sold at their first downgrade,and good performers added to on upgrades.Simple.And it really works...lol.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think we some times forget how rewarding the share market can be.
    Certainly more than a term deposit at full PIE tax rates.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 13-12-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Guru

NZX up 1.1% today.

More people moving out of residential property and into shares?

Well what a year it’s been. The NZX looks like it’s going to finish the year in the red. My NZX portfolio looks like finishing the year with a over 50 percent return (unrealised gains) the best on record for me.

The main contributors are Stu, Rak and Skt. I recently sold 25 percent of my Skt for future opportunities and to participate in the Ebos Cap raise.

The disappointments were Oca, Gne and Cvt. Cvt did ok but was expecting more.

As far as 2022 goes I’m still bullish on Stu and Rak and overweight on both but won’t be selling at current prices.

Thanks to all the posters on here. And all the best for Xmas and 2022.
    Last edited by Shareguy; 18-12-2021 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    Well what a year it’s been. The NZX looks like it’s going to finish the year in the red. My NZX portfolio looks like finishing the year with a over 50 percent return (unrealised gains) the best on record for me.

The main contributors are Stu, Rak and Skt. I recently sold 25 percent of my Skt for future opportunities and to participate in the Ebos Cap raise.

The disappointments were Oca, Gne and Cvt. Cvt did ok but was expecting more.

As far as 2022 goes I’m still bullish on Stu and Rak and overweight on both but won’t be selling at current prices.

Thanks to all the posters on here. And all the best for Xmas and 2022.
    Well done shareguy … a record to be broken in 2022. The disappointments in 2021 will be the stars in 2022 and the others will continue to rise …..me thinks you well positioned

I’ve no idea how I’ve gone….but I think I’ve done really well …..I don’t bother keep track of money things these days …not worth the bother ….and don’t even know what I’m worth. Last year my daughter refinanced a property I had a share in …her bank wanted me to disclose my assets and weekly budget etc ….I said you must be joking and my daughter told her bank manager he’s got zillions so he gave up asking. (Had to do the MLA stuff though ha ha)

Good luck for 2022 shareguy …but you don’t seem to need luck
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”