sharetrader
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Default 2022 NZX Stock Picking Comp

Hello Everyone,

Oliver is busy, so I volunteered to run the competition. Oliver was kind enough to share his secrets to help me out, so I'll be running it based on his model. Please bear with me while I'm getting up to speed.

The rules are the same as 2021.

Rules:
    1) Pick FIVE different NZX-listed equity instruments (incl. Smartshares and foreign companies listed in NZ).
    - Companies/Funds with a market cap of less than $15m may not be selected.
    2) Please also make a SIXTH pick - this will be used as a 'backup preference' should one of your picks delist or merge during the year. It won't cover companies that are placed in liquidation or dissolved.
    3) Each pick has an equal weighting. You cannot pick the same option more than once.
    4) Picks in by 7pm January 4th 2022 (New Zealand time); ie, prior to trading opening.

Returns calculations
    1) Each will start with a notional portfolio of $50,000 ($10,000 per pick)
    2) Returns will be calculate from the last closing price of 2021 (Dec 31st 2021) to the last closing price of 2022.
    3) Its a 'total return' comp, so Dividends will be included - but NOT benefits from imputation credits or other tax-specific benefits.
    4) Rights issues are included according to a formula that does not increase capital, but recognises a capital gain/loss on the rights for the year. We may have to do this manually, but will cross that bridge when we come to it.
    5) If a selection delists or otherwise somehow dissolves; it will be kept but manually adjusted in your selections to reflect the realised situation resulting from the event causing this. The realisation will then be "re-invested" in your backup preference (see 2), allowing the opportunity to continue participation on a level playing field.
    6) Winner is the person who has the largest %age increase.

Entries are closed!

Results for Market close 21/01/2022: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AghAKgaJuFZyjjPh...JG2Ed?e=C0WPda

If there is a stock missing from the picklist on the survey form - let me know and I will sort it quickly!

May the odds be ever in your favour!

peetter
    Last edited by peetter; 23-01-2022 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks for doing this peetter.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

VERY well done peetter! And thank you.

Thanks for running it peetter, good on you, great to see a new generation of investor stepping up to the plate and making a great contribution for us all to enjoy. Thanks again to Oliver Mander for running it in the past for so many years I've lost count, you're a champion mate !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Thanks peeter and thanks Oliver for your great work to date. Much appreciated and has created a bit of fun. I love how it was easy to look up in Sharesight.

Kia ora peeter
    Thank you for stepping up into Oliver's big shoes.
    My picks reflect my portfolio:
    OCA, BLT, PX1, PEB, HGH, and SKL for the sixth.

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Kia ora peeter
    Thank you for stepping up into Oliver's big shoes.
    My picks reflect my portfolio:
    OCA, BLT, PX1, PEB, HGH, and SKL for the sixth.
    davflaws, there's a link you need to follow to enter -https://forms.office.com/r/SQ3hBv5RSN

Have entered similarly, HGH, OCA, HMY, PEB, SKT, NZX

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    davflaws, there's a link you need to follow to enter -https://forms.office.com/r/SQ3hBv5RSN

Have entered similarly, HGH, OCA, HMY, PEB, SKT, NZX
    Thank you

I was a bit slow to edit my post after reading the original instructions (real men don't read the instructions unless all else fails!). I followed the link and recorded my selections.

Thankyou Peetter for running this and to Oliver also. Have entered for the first time.

Hi peetter
    My picks are in. Thanks for running the comp for 2022 - much appreciated.