sharetrader
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I am not sure how to start a new thread, but maybe we should also have a fun competition for who can pick the combined worst five stocks for 2022. I would be interested to see which stocks people really hate.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Alekhine View Post
    I am not sure how to start a new thread, but maybe we should also have a fun competition for who can pick the combined worst five stocks for 2022. I would be interested to see which stocks people really hate.
    Select NZX forum and scroll to the bottom of list and select "Post New Thread"

Or just scroll to the bottom of the current competition. I'm close to winning that end........

You are an absolute LEGEND for doing this

Advanced Member

thanks for doing this. first time playing this game - should be fun, as 2022 looks to be another 'interesting' year. My picks aren't to win any balanced portfolio awards - so it will either be smashing, or they will be smashed!

Almost feels safer to pick a mix of shares & smartshare investment funds to weather the 'interesting' year 2022 might be

@Peeter - Thanks for running this competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    thanks for doing this. first time playing this game - should be fun, as 2022 looks to be another 'interesting' year. My picks aren't to win any balanced portfolio awards - so it will either be smashing, or they will be smashed!
    @Fiordland Moose - Any interesting dark horses in your portfolio that might bolt the stable or crash out ?

Thanks Peetter for doing this. Haven't entered in a few years. I'm just a dirty ETF/index freeloader so thanks to everyone else for your active investing and setting the prices

My picks are: FNZ; USV (Buffett, banks and big pharma); ASR (go copper!) EMF (Jesus, will emerging markets ever work?); and APA (there's a lot of Toyotas on the road and who doesn't like the Playstation 5 - if you can get one)

Submitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Alekhine View Post
    There is a poster that traditionally does this to highlight some of the basket cases listed on the NZX.

If you want to play "dogs of the NZX" strategy that someone suggested above you'll want A2, Meridian, Synlait, PushPay and Ryman I think.

(Dis?)Honourable mention to MFB which was listed in March.
    Last edited by Tomtom; 04-01-2022 at 03:52 AM.

I chose BOT ESG HGH HLG HMY and then OCA. Outbreak's choices resulted in a gain of 84% last year , I'll be happy to see just one of my picks achieving that.