sharetrader
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I recently spoke with the owner of a well regarded towing company and asked him which vehicles he tows the most. He answered -

1 EVs that had run out of battery ('bread and butter')
    2 Mercedes SUVs
    3 Volkswagen SUVs

He said the newer Merc SUVs have over 50 computers in them and if 1 fails........ The massive rate of depreciation must hurt even more while sitting immobile on the side of the road.

Yes a good mechanic friend of mine won’t touch anything euro or yank in his workshop just nightmares to work on..and deal with there ongoing issues .. also have contact that runs a euro workshop that told me when we were looking at a cheap low kms A8 Audi .. if you can’t afford to buy new and get the warranty ......avoid as repairs (which happen often as kms build) can out way value of vehicle

As to way we want to buy new and get the 5yr 100k kms warranty with KIA which we have been impressed with the support with the last one...

Buying second hand I’ve been impressed with my 3.0 Subaru Legacy outside tyres and basic servicing has now clocked 245,000kms .. see if I can break 300k (owed since 115kms my third 3.0 legacy)
    Last edited by JBmurc; 19-03-2022 at 08:17 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes a good mechanic friend of mine won’t touch anything euro or yank in his workshop just nightmares to work on..and deal with there ongoing issues .. also have contact that runs a euro workshop that told me when we were looking at a cheap low kms A8 Audi .. if you can’t afford to buy new and get the warranty ......avoid as repairs (which happen often as kms build) can out way value of vehicle
    Never a truer word has been spoken! If reliablity and minimum servicing are your thing, stick to Japanese or Korean. Just hop in and drive them till they die of old age.

I am very happy with my new Toyota RAV4 hybrid. A good allrounder. Great size boot. Cheap to run, 5 year warranty and fixed cost servicing. Due to high demand, depreciation is very low.
    I have owned Subaru outbacks, they are very good, less body roll but excessive oil usage and had to replace short block at 120000km

Love a Toyota Highlander. Great ride and plenty of power!

A mate of mine recently taken delivery of a RAV4 Hybrid - very happy with it

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    A mate of mine recently taken delivery of a RAV4 Hybrid - very happy with it
    Amazing economy for the size of the vehicle. Very long lead times for delivery though.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by voltage View Post
    I am very happy with my new Toyota RAV4 hybrid. A good allrounder. Great size boot. Cheap to run, 5 year warranty and fixed cost servicing. Due to high demand, depreciation is very low.
    I have owned Subaru outbacks, they are very good, less body roll but excessive oil usage and had to replace short block at 120000km
    I'm guess must of been 4 cylinder Subaru ? ..the flat 6 is pretty legendary ... mine just about to go over 250000kms hardly uses oil at 10k changes .. think it could make 300000km might have to get a new set of brake pads rotors though ...
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Amazing economy for the size of the vehicle. Very long lead times for delivery though.
    Ordered in July last year I think it was

Honda doing zero deposit and 2.9% finance on their CRV range https://www.honda.co.nz/ and in their marketing blurb apparently they have stock on hand to sell...which probably in this market means they're no good lol...actually Mrs B had an earlier generation CRV and it was fine as a suburban shopping trolley.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-03-2022 at 03:35 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine