sharetrader
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes a good mechanic friend of mine won’t touch anything euro or yank in his workshop just nightmares to work on..and deal with there ongoing issues .. also have contact that runs a euro workshop that told me when we were looking at a cheap low kms A8 Audi .. if you can’t afford to buy new and get the warranty ......avoid as repairs (which happen often as kms build) can out way value of vehicle

As to way we want to buy new and get the 5yr 100k kms warranty with KIA which we have been impressed with the support with the last one...

Buying second hand I’ve been impressed with my 3.0 Subaru Legacy outside tyres and basic servicing has now clocked 245,000kms .. see if I can break 300k (owed since 115kms my third 3.0 legacy)
    VW.Amarok.
    Took the owner and me,after borrowing a decent jack, one and a quarter,s hour to change the front tyre.
    2 or 3 calls to VW agent were a bit of help.
    Friend uses it to go fishing in the back country.
    Would be impossible to change the tyre on a slope or at night.
    Admit we will never get a job as Max Verstappen's tyre changers,however would have taken me about 5 minutes to change my Nissan's front tyre.
    Last edited by percy; 27-04-2022 at 04:23 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    VW.Amarok.
    Took the owner and me,after borrowing a decent jack, one and a quarter,s hour to change the front tyre.
    2 or 3 calls to VW agent were a bit of help.
    Friend uses it to go fishing in the back country.
    Would be impossible to change the tyre on a slope or at night.
    Admit we will never get a job as Max Verstappen's tyre changers,however would have taken me about 5 minutes to change my Nissan's front tyre.
    they look pretty cool and drive well. pricey though same league as some of the audis. latest body model drives really well but not as capable as the last model

test drove a new Subaru outback this weekend. I was pretty impressed! drove well, nice interior, comfy as seats, pretty decent off roading, peppy engine, and pretty reasonable price i thought. Didn't like the console and a bit crossovery for me - but good overall set of compromises. will check out some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    they look pretty cool and drive well. pricey though same league as some of the audis. latest body model drives really well but not as capable as the last model

test drove a new Subaru outback this weekend. I was pretty impressed! drove well, nice interior, comfy as seats, pretty decent off roading, peppy engine, and pretty reasonable price i thought. Didn't like the console and a bit crossovery for me - but good overall set of compromises. will check out some more.
    Enjoying our new KIA Sorento(finally arrived after year wait!!) ...But I see KIA NZ hasn't been taken orders or even advertising for the Diesel ... we were lucky one of the other long waiting buyers had pull out and went for one of the EV plug ins ...or else we would have had to wait to the next shipment next month etc

Such a Brilliant motor/trans .... going off present fuel range 800-900kms to a 65lt tank. 147kw 440nm ... very grunty ... Car like handling
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Such a Brilliant motor/trans .... going off present fuel range 800-900kms to a 65lt tank. 147kw 440nm ... very grunty ... Car like handling
    The LR3 has identical power and similar range, although from an ~80lt tank.
    Have seen high 7's on highway trips and 10-11 round town and off-road.

Now have ~10k k's on it and nearly ran over a Moose in Fiordland on the Borland Saddle!
    Last seen disappearing into the undergrowth, definitely still on foot, and not in a Subaru.

Enjoying our new KIA Sorento(finally arrived after year wait!!) ...But I see KIA NZ hasn't been taken orders or even advertising for the Diesel ... we were lucky one of the other long waiting buyers had pull out and went for one of the EV plug ins ...or else we would have had to wait to the next shipment next month etc

Mate of mine had a lot of "fun" with his Hyundai Sante Fe diesel engine at 160,000 km's. Same generation engine I believe.
    New Sorrento a good looking bit of kit though for an SUV but I'd be going down the EV6 route if I was going that way.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Mate of mine had a lot of "fun" with his Hyundai Sante Fe diesel engine at 160,000 km's. Same generation engine I believe.
    New Sorrento a good looking bit of kit though for an SUV but I'd be going down the EV6 route if I was going that way.
    Fair enough I like to tow a boat bikes etc ... EV plug in Sorento was offered but such a low tow rating small turbo petrol engine ...no thanks ... like the Diesel Power/eco
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dln View Post
    The LR3 has identical power and similar range, although from an ~80lt tank.
    Have seen high 7's on highway trips and 10-11 round town and off-road.

Now have ~10k k's on it and nearly ran over a Moose in Fiordland on the Borland Saddle!
    Last seen disappearing into the undergrowth, definitely still on foot, and not in a Subaru.
    lol yes, nearly got 'em!

whatever I go with probably won't be too fast.

I bought a fast german saloon in 2017, thought it was pretty cool. inline turbo, all wheel drive.

sadly now anyone with a tesla / similar can smoke me

end of an era

Some people thought microwaves would make ovens obsolete too.

Just been reading about the Volvo XC60 T8 Recharge Plug in hybrid in the May Issue of N.Z. Autocar. XC60 is Volvo's biggest selling model and this their highest specification / performance version.
    A good read and a very nice bit of kit for those prepared to invest $119K. Up to 78 km's on E.V. power, combined electric and engine power of 335kw and 709nm of torque, (those are very impressive numbers for a vehicle at this price point), really strong performance with 0-100 of 4.8 seconds, tows 2250 kg's, (that's a reasonable sized boat or caravan), and comes with all sorts of luxury goodies as standard including a very high end 1,100 watt 15 speaker Bowers and Wilkens stereo system, air suspension, leather, adaptive cruise, heads-up display...the list goes on and on and on. Room for at least 2, maybe 3 dogs in the cargo area. Hmmm, its certainly piqued my interest and has a very interesting combination of abilities, performance and luxury at this price point. Pick up a copy of the magazine if you want to know more or video review here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8YlrzcF6g
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-05-2022 at 06:22 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I have a 2015 XC60 D5 from new and it's now done 175,000kms. It's fantastic and don't get sucked into the old boring branding cliches. Compared to the alternatives available at the time it's a very good drive and package. They are also an interesting size and larger than small SUVs X3, Xtrail, RAV4 etc but smaller than the X5, Santa Fe, XC90 etc.

COVID has delayed any plans for replacement but when the time comes another one will be the starting point