sharetrader
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Scam

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Interesting.

They can't check the cameras at the gasser?

If a citizen was reported at the same gasser at the same time muttering 'men can't have babies' believe me the cameras would be checked real fast. But stealing life saving from an 82 year old won't get their interest.
    That's the problem with the modern police force. Woke as and not interested in real crimes, but very interested in imaginary crimes.

percy

I received the following letter from Southern Response.
    I have had to send them a copy of my passport and the next step is for me to give my banking details.
    All seems to be above board
    ???????????

Our records show that you may be eligible for a further payment from Southern Response as part of the Pre October Payment Package as announced in December 2020.

The Package is for customers who cash settled their insurance claims with Southern Response before 1 October 2014.

AMI policyholders who settled an out-of-scope claim with Southern Response prior to October 2014 may be eligible for an additional contingency payment if they have not previously been paid those costs.

An “out of scope” claim is a claim made under the AMI policy for earthquake damage to property items ‘outside the scope’ of the Earthquake Commission Act 1993 but covered under the wider definition of “house” in the AMI policy. This includes, for example, fences, driveways, paths and swimming pools.

More information about Southern Response's settlement Package is available on the website www.southernresponse.co.nz

To register, go to the website and complete the online form or I can send you the form to complete and return to us. Please advise if you would like me to send you the form. Another option is for you to call on 0800 501525 and we can take your registration over the phone.

Once you complete the registration we will review your claim and let you know whether you are entitled to a further payment.

Kind Regards,

Susan Downes

Southern Response Earthquake Services Ltd

www.southernresponse.co.nz
    Last edited by percy; 22-08-2023 at 08:57 AM.

Guru

We had contact from Southern Response relatively recently (about 6 months back) that they owed us money.

It stemmed from when we lived in Dunedin and a claim we had that was pegged to the earthquakes.

Seemed very bizarre but we checked it out, and got about $3k on a house that we no longer own.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    We had contact from Southern Response relatively recently (about 6 months back) that they owed us money.

It stemmed from when we lived in Dunedin and a claim we had that was pegged to the earthquakes.

Seemed very bizarre but we checked it out, and got about $3k on a house that we no longer own.
    Thanks,I will now proceed.
    We too no longer own the house in question.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Thanks,I will now proceed.
    We too no longer own the house in question.
    My wife gave them a call, and they had all the info that only they could have known.

We were very dubious, but just incredible that we got money 10+ years late on a house we didn't own.

Will be interested to know how you get on.....