• 2 years +

5 4.27%
  • Even longer

3 2.56%
Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Yes this and the higher yields the more that premium will whittle away
    If people can buy GNE and HGH with almost 10% gross yields then why need pay premium for 8% KFL yield ....I agree with u ...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Still selling well is book JUST KEEP BUYING

And this chart is intriguing ….usuaLyall a strong correlation between consumer Sentiment and how much US households have allocated to stocks but today consumer sentiment off the chart but allocation at very high levels in spite of SPX down about 20%

Maybe more carnage for US households
    If I had to guess I would imagine the “asset allocation” line follows the employment rate more closely than the consumer sentiment. Normally consumer sentiment of course is probably correlated with the employment rate - but not at present (with very good employment and very bad sentiment).

also interesting to see how consumer sentiment actually translates into consumer activity, with words and actions perhaps being rather different.

For instance US airlines have bumper passenger levels currently, which doesn’t smell like something that happens in a recession.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 13-06-2022 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    If people can buy GNE and HGH with almost 10% gross yields then why need pay premium for 8% KFL yield ....I agree with u ...
    Even better, they pay that yield out of earnings while KFL just sell a few shares on your behalf to make up the divi.

Advanced Member

Every single stock in the S&P500 was red at the same time today at one point - that hasn’t happened in over a decade.

smells like capitulation.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Every single stock in the S&P500 was red at the same time today at one point - that hasn’t happened in over a decade.

smells like capitulation.
    Not just yet.

Watch Bitcoin - when it drops to below $1,000 is when the madness in financial markets of hyper-overvaluations is over.

Then,

Buy

Buy

Buy
    Last edited by Balance; 14-06-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Advanced Member

The single best thing about this bear market is that crypto is getting crushed. I have zero time for crypto crap (especially bitcoin). I’m hoping there are a bunch of mega culpable soon from those institutional names that should have known better and instead chose to jump on these pump and dump schemes. That whole sham of an “industry” needs to be wiped out for the good of all.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    When KFL / BRM / MLN SP reach discounts to their NAVs ...I think will be time to start buying in market ...as that will surely show retail capitulation

They are still at hefty premiums which is surprising keeping in view negative retail sentiment ...but still shows retail confidence in the markets
    You'd want your head "read" paying a massive premium to NTA for those stocks in this bear market.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

VIX showed some movement too, but perhaps not total capitulation yet.

Okay some stuff is looking really really cheap...

FBU
    RAK
    SUM
    TRA
    HGH
    HMY
    MFT

Is anyone buying or waiting for cheaper?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Okay some stuff is looking really really cheap...

FBU
    RAK
    SUM
    TRA
    HGH
    HMY
    MFT

Is anyone buying or waiting for cheaper?
    Yes.
    Used the spare cash I had at the brokers to add to my STU holding at $1.20.DB show STU with a PE of 7.68 and a yield of 7.26%.
    Also CEO and CFO have recently bought at $1.26 ..Recent trading update was good and outlook positive.
    This year I have added both SEK and STU to my long term dividend portfolio.
    Last edited by percy; 14-06-2022 at 01:05 PM.