27 23.08%
  • 18 months +

19 16.24%
  • 2 years +

5 4.27%
  • Even longer

3 2.56%
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Capital gains around the corner , probably the least of their worries in this bear market ,some could get a rebate

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Capital gains around the corner , probably the least of their worries in this bear market ,some could get a rebate
    Wonder how many times a year the Taxman will tolerate the same holdings being swapped from 'On Capital
    Account" to on "Revenue Account" before switching back according to the whims & splutters on seeing the Bear passing nearby ?
    Last edited by nztx; 15-05-2022 at 03:04 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Oh dear its not for the faint hearted ,and most people learn the hard way I think I have . Diversification for safety
    On that point is there anyone whom doesn't diversify whom just go all in so to speak I have never known that .!!
    I'm well diversified with 4 stocks, a house plus a wife and a dog.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'm well diversified with 4 stocks, a house plus a wife and a dog.
    If times get really tough and you had to let one of the above seven go, which would it be?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    If times get really tough and you had to let one of the above seven go, which would it be?
    Definately not the dog anyway.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Definately not the dog anyway.

Have to be careful when the Dog is the Missus's dog huh ?

Guru

I think good time to revisit some Sharetrader Gold......

Using TA to time entries and exits (sharetrader.co.nz)

Pure Gold that thread. KW made a MASSIVE contribution in her time on here. Everyone should read through that thread.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-05-2022 at 06:24 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Balance - you posted a video earlier in the year from the CEO or founder of some company like Fidelity or Charles Schwab that gave an awesome speech about recessions and the ups and downs of the markets. I can't find it anywhere - can you post it again here? It was great.

Posted 26/04/2014
    Wow, that's a spooky prophecy made over 8 years ago. #39 in that thread.

Watching CNBC this morning they put up a chart of the Nasdaq and it showed a very clear head and shoulders pattern with all the risk too drop off from the right shoulder. With the Russian / Ukranian situation potentially affecting European stocks and having world-wide trading implications, (one of their expert analysts after just coming back from the Ukaraine thought that it seems almost inevitable that Russia will invade eastern Ukaraine), its hard to see very high PE and no PE stocks, (i.e.like those trading on nothing but thin air and promises and future sales growth with no demonstatable proven profit record) not getting their wings clipped as a rotation towards value stocks and safe havens gathers momentum. Well run, moderatly geared high dividend REIT's look like a good place to hide, as is good old fashioned cash or short term high quality bonds.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine