• 2 years +

5 4.27%
  • Even longer

3 2.56%
Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Posted 26/04/2014
    Wow, that's a spooky prophecy made over 8 years ago. #39 in that thread.
    Since that date shortly after Russia grabbed Crimea, and continued to support other separatist groups in its neighbours, the NZX50 has more than doubled. Hiding in cash since then, while the Russian bear sharpened its claws, would have given you a hiding...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Posted 26/04/2014
    Wow, that's a spooky prophecy made over 8 years ago. #39 in that thread.
    History never repeats......

I have 3 long term holds which Id be happy to add to, HGH, PGG and OCA. I have just started a small position with HMY, under 1% of portfolio but I think I might push it to 3-5 as things progress. Trading isn't my thing, when I have panicked in the past and sold out of any share it seems I have a natural gift for picking the bottom. Except FSF, no regrets about leaving that behind with a massive loss. Ive held CUE since OGOG tried to take over NZO and I'm optimistic by nature so not giving up on it and I started buying into RNU last winter as well as NWE. Compelling reasons to buy each of those now if anyone has a full day to do DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Since that date shortly after Russia grabbed Crimea, and continued to support other separatist groups in its neighbours, the NZX50 has more than doubled. Hiding in cash since then, while the Russian bear sharpened its claws, would have given you a hiding...
    Agreed. You can't hide in cash indefinitely without it costing you a lot of opportunity but its certainly been a good strategy so far this year.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Its looking like a green day today ,Could be a good buy with hmy at these prices I think the bear has left that one for dead mike .

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Its looking like a green day today ,Could be a good buy with hmy at these prices I think the bear has left that one for dead mike .
    Like in The Revenant

Advanced Member

Bigger picture...

Looks like a fall tomorrow with US technical indicators, with 14% more to drop before support at 200 week mv av on S&P.
    Enjoy today while you can...

$11 Trillion and Counting: Global Stock Slump May Not Be Over

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia

"The S&P 500 is still about 14% above its 200-week moving average, a level that’s previously been a floor during all major bear markets, except for the tech bubble and the global financial crisis. Strategists at Canaccord Genuity say there could be further declines on Monday on forced margin selling after yet another red week for the US benchmark."
    Last edited by Davexl; 16-05-2022 at 11:42 AM.
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    Like in The Revenant
    Ha yeah I hope so lol

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

$11 Trillion and Counting: Global Stock Slump May Not Be Over”

Viewers of CNBC may recall a number of regular guests to their shows indicated an S&P ‘bottom’ at 3800, or 3750, etc. during the last few weeks. We got close to ‘been there, done that’ territory last week but the bottom doesn’t quite appear be to be in sight yet. A lot more downside on the horizon.