sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gas exploration companies

TMK drilling in Mongolia....about 60-70% interest in the well.result in about 2 weeks .. company is cheap with the first well hitting gas and this one is expected to hit, too. Other 2 companies about to drill are PRM and GLV with 12.5 and 25% interest in the well respectively. Offshore...expected to hit.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by younga View Post
    TMK drilling in Mongolia....about 60-70% interest in the well.result in about 2 weeks .. company is cheap with the first well hitting gas and this one is expected to hit, too. Other 2 companies about to drill are PRM and GLV with 12.5 and 25% interest in the well respectively. Offshore...expected to hit.
    Personally I feel sceptical about exploration companies-they may seem cheap but then turn very expensive when they start to raise money from shareholders as it can be years or never to get the gas to market.
    Looks like the natural gas market will be hot for a few years but is there much chance of getting processed gas to market before prices drop again ?

Both companies r drilling and if or when they hit, it's a good time to make a quick buck rather than holding long term.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by younga View Post
    Both companies r drilling and if or when they hit, it's a good time to make a quick buck rather than holding long term.
    Yes but it’s a gamble if that strategy fails and you become a long-term holder .
    To make money with this you rely on others greed .

The likes of CUE , NZO safer Nat Gas producers ..I like the former as least it has some trading daily ..

I have nothing against taking a riskier Nat Gas play TEG,MAY are my O&G higher risk plays ... as long as those getting involved know the risks you could see your investment down 50+ if a duster ... but upside 1000%+ in some cases ..
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    The likes of CUE , NZO safer Nat Gas producers ..I like the former as least it has some trading daily ..

I have nothing against taking a riskier Nat Gas play TEG,MAY are my O&G higher risk plays ... as long as those getting involved know the risks you could see your investment down 50+ if a duster ... but upside 1000%+ in some cases ..
    You are wrong in suggesting NZO does not trade daily .
    Only a week before they primary list on the asx .
    I feel there is a good chance aussies will understand the value behind amadeus.
    Current drill is highly prospective even if the drill is slowed by the extent of fracturing (which is good news for gas extraction )

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    You are wrong in suggesting NZO does not trade daily .
    Only a week before they primary list on the asx .
    I feel there is a good chance aussies will understand the value behind amadeus.
    Current drill is highly prospective even if the drill is slowed by the extent of fracturing (which is good news for gas extraction )
    On the ASX for the last month NZO hasn't has a single trade for 5 days many days of such low trade value as to be a joke ... NZO has had daily trade value much over $10k AUD since OCT21 !!! present spread BID 37c Vs 52c SELL ...

I don't follow NZX listing trade but don't think its anything amazing

Now this is nothing against NZO I think the company is a Great BUY if your a LONG term holder and not wanting to trade shorter term
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Advanced Member

On the ASX for the last month NZO hasn't has a single trade for 5 days many days of such low trade value as to be a joke ... NZO has had daily trade value much over $10k AUD since OCT21 !!! present spread BID 37c Vs 52c SELL ...

I don't follow NZX listing trade but don't think its anything amazing

Now this is nothing against NZO I think the company is a Great BUY if your a LONG term holder and not wanting to trade shorter term
    The reason they do not yet do much trade on the ASX is that currently few shares are registered on the asx .
    Both NZO and CUE have one majority shareholder and some large shareholders who are long-term shareholders and do not trade ( I sold CUE sometime ago and do not follow anymore-?sp only around 8 cents-very cheap).
    Poor liquidity for both is not conducive to trading.
    Next week the primary listing for NZO transfers to ASX and most shares will follow on the day of listing .
    Last edited by fish; 26-05-2022 at 08:15 PM.

Advanced Member

Natural gas prices continue to rise and obviously how long this will be sustained has implications for the risk/return equation that needs to be considered .
    It looks to me as if they may not have peaked yet .
    George Soros has pointed out a factor I had not considered-as Russian gas storage becomes saturated the Siberian pipelines and fields will close .Because of the old infrastructure to reopen will not be easy and take time-a very long time considering this is Siberia and the expertise has gone with the war.
    One of the most desirable attributes of Amadeus for NZo and cue is the pipeline connected to lpg plants

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Natural gas prices continue to rise and obviously how long this will be sustained has implications for the risk/return equation that needs to be considered .
    It looks to me as if they may not have peaked yet .
    George Soros has pointed out a factor I had not considered-as Russian gas storage becomes saturated the Siberian pipelines and fields will close .Because of the old infrastructure to reopen will not be easy and take time-a very long time considering this is Siberia and the expertise has gone with the war.
    One of the most desirable attributes of Amadeus for NZo and cue is the pipeline connected to lpg plants
    Yes Amadeus was a masterstroke ... reason why i now have 3.3mill CUE shares .. the value for having all the pipeline's in place and sales agreements and major exploration upside ,, just go look at the amount of GAS specs that have neither but are still worth more than CUE !!