sharetrader

Threaded View

Default SHARETRADER.co.nz - Thanks for fixing the database. Should we talk?

Great sharetrader is working again after some days of eerie silence. Big Thank You to the nice person who managed to fix the latest database issues.

Sharetrader is a useful communication platform and for many of us an important part of our daily routine ... sort of like taking the time to stand around the watercooler in the office, catching up with colleagues and get a new idea or some different views on things which might bug you.

Office life can be tough without the watercooler.

Sharetrader is as well a useful tool to help new investors to learn about their trade (and yes, I am talking from experience - I learned a lot from some of the wiser people around here).

Learning is more difficult if the sources sporadically disappear.

What I am wondering is - would it make sense to establish some sort of dialogue between the people running and funding this site, the people who provide most of the content and the people who use it?

Maybe we could even help each other?

Does the admin side need another hand? I know there are people with IT and database experience under the posters ... and I remember some of them already previously offering help. Some open dialogue (ask and you might be given) might be able to fix this issue.

Is funding a problem? Depending on the size of the problem, of course ... I could well imagine that some of the posters here would be able and willing to contribute to the running of this site. Is this something we should talk about?

What do the people who are funding and running this site want to get out of it? Is there anything the users can do to make it more worthwhile for you people?

Any chance we could inform each other when there are problems? Sometimes small messages like "We know that the site has problems and are working on it. Expect issues to be resolved by the weekend" could make a huge difference.

Just asking. Sometimes talking can make things even still better ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 07-06-2022 at 09:00 AM. Reason: clarity
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)