sharetrader
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: NVDA - Nvidia

Banned

[Putting this from another thread into the Nvidia thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    I meant market cap.
    A lot of this is determined on who grabs the "middle ground" of A.I., and how it's grabbed. Middle ground I see as entire corporate functions swapped-out for plug-ins at a datacentre (ie, A.I. for rent, for use by corporates). So far, Nvidia is leading in this area, but there will be competition (though most of that competition will be using Nvidia hardware!).
    Last edited by Azz; 30-09-2023 at 02:27 PM.

Banned

PE fans: Forward is 40.65. And that will be for estimates possibly 50% too low.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Well Azz, I am not saying you are wrong. But in my experience the best investment returns are made when there is a disconnection between price and long term value. if Nvidia is the future and it is priced as though it takes over the future, then there is no money to be made by buying Nvidia now. But do you really think that Nvidia will have a free run to exploit AI? That no competitor will ever emerge? That the Nvidia business plan will run to perfection? I am not saying it won't happen. But an awful lot of ducks have to line up to make Nvidia a good investment from here, if you buy in today.

Exponential growth will take care of the earnings. No need to worry about that old fashioned PE stuff. It is different this time......

Some of us who have been around the markets a while have heard this story before.

SNOOPY
    Let's see who's right. I'm saying Nvidia will be a massive gainer, from here. (Timeframe: 2 years, and 5 years, and 10 years.)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Hey Azz, there will be competitors clammering to fill the gap,compete it's a natural law.Have you researched who the contenders will be even if they're not up to speed yet?
    They have to make their own chips. A lot of the A.I. "competitors" so far are using the Nvidia hardware backbone. Amazon, for example, is going all-in with A.I.; they use Nvidia chips, but moving forward intend to design and make their own, at least for a portion of their A.I. software; of note, is these Amazon chips are not as powerful as Nvidia's.

IMO

Thanks Azz.Meanwhile it looks like Nvidia is on another leg up from here . Maybe Mike from Pie funds was spot on ehh .

"Nvidia has unveiled its latest artificial intelligence (AI) chip which it says can do some tasks 30 times faster than its predecessor."
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 19-03-2024 at 07:02 PM.

Last edited by Valuegrowth; 21-03-2024 at 10:30 PM.

Thank for those links Valuegrowth - it’s truely amazing the speed at which the development of AI Is occurring isn’t it…
    Have been trading NVDA, AMD and SMCI for a while now