sharetrader
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NVDA - Nvidia

I wish…..

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    Ahh sweet Nvidia goodness........ Any of you chumps buy it?
    Do you follow the gaming graphic card market? It used to be Nvidia's bread and butter, but of course they are rejoicing the margins in AI at the moment. They are seriously pissing off their loyal gaming customers - have a read (or listen) of/to any of the RTX 4060 series articles as an example, and you will see the company is gathering a lot of hate around it. (Similar for the higher end cards except the 4090).

They don't care about this right now (and they may well do well in the shorter term), but I suspect they will regret it at some stage.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
    Do you follow the gaming graphic card market? It used to be Nvidia's bread and butter, but of course they are rejoicing the margins in AI at the moment. They are seriously pissing off their loyal gaming customers - have a read (or listen) of/to any of the RTX 4060 series articles as an example, and you will see the company is gathering a lot of hate around it. (Similar for the higher end cards except the 4090).

They don't care about this right now (and they may well do well in the shorter term), but I suspect they will regret it at some stage.
    That's an interesting point; I don't think it matters tho. A.I. is at the beginning of the beginning. Nvidia has invented the first A.I. pure play; of note however is the A.I. software they have that builds virtual worlds in real time; that "fills in the blanks"; and it's super high quality - what I'm saying here is, don't discount the new way of doing "graphics cards": from the datacenter!!!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pedro.nz View Post
    I wish…..
    I only own one US stock. And it just happens to be the best stock on the US stock market!

Dilettante

Ahh sweet Nvidia goodness........ Any of you chumps buy it?
    Yes I bought a few last year and wish I had bought more. Not sure about buying at current prices but will probably live to regret not doing so. Have been making small monthly purchases of ASML for the last 10 months and am continuing to do so. A slightly different way of being invested in the semiconductor industry.
    Last edited by iceman; 20-07-2023 at 12:22 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yes I bought a few last year and wish I had bought more. Not sure about buying at current prices but will probably live to regret not doing so. Have been making small monthly purchases of ASML for the last 10 months and am continuing to do so. A slightly different way of being invested in the semiconductor industry.
    I'm not one to hype stocks (haha!) but Nvidia has a lonnnnng way to run!

Banned

Up some more, +2.39%. Oh delirium!

Banned

Friday close: US$467.50

Its PE ratio is around 242. Growth investors are paying high premium to buy it. Also AI factor. I am really looking for early stage growth stocks now before crowds come in droves.
    Friday close: US$467.50

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    Its PE ratio is around 242. Growth investors are paying high premium to buy it. Also AI factor. I am really looking for early stage growth stocks now before crowds come in droves.
    Earnings might go up, and quite a bit - which solves the PE problem. This is basically my take on Nvidia.