sharetrader

Thread: Ncm

Default Ncm

Giday....whats going on....just past 5 year low ...Copper and gold..cheers.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post

SP peaks $34.89 Jul 2019 & $33.24 July 2020

At a guess - costs rising

Gold price sailing south

USD 27.5 c Div / AUD $17.03 SP .. perhaps many are waiting for the new bottom to be hit
    but at least a small dividend paid .. dual listed ? the infashion for listings on exchanges
    elsewhere appears to be low dividends

Might be similar story as to why ASX: SBM (St Barbara)continues to skate lower..

Perhaps a real economic scare might reverse fortunes for Goldies as everyone piles back in
    assuming the Chinese investors can pick up the pieces after the seats of their pants have
    been ripped out on multiple Chinese Domestic Property company failures and find some spare
    loot to heist out and into the gold stuff if things start looking shaky enough again .. ?
    Last edited by nztx; 02-09-2022 at 11:31 PM.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Good timing if you pulled the trigger back in September. Any thoughts on the possible takeover offer from Newmont. I don't know what the benefit for me would be.

Based on PEs and dividend yields this is a speculation rather than an investment with my view that gold as a currency will move higher relative to other currencies being debased through money printing. Also I read that NCM wants copper to make up more than 50% of revenue by the end of the decade, up from around a quarter now. So speculating on an increase in copper prices with a switch to EVs. Don't know much other than it is a gold mining company.

Currently with banks collapsing more money printing cannot be far away. The money supply can't contract without everything falling over, that is the nature of a ponzi scheme. I read headlines declaring an impending copper shortage but have not gone beyond the headlines. Seems like a decent place to speculate in the current environment not sure I care about a takeover offer.

Hey Aaron

def DYOR on Cu. Undersupply in years to come and lack of capital investment so commodity price should appreciate. The ESG narrative hasn't accounted for rising costs of the metals needed for EV etc etc.

Gold is a no brainer. Central Banks buying massive amounts. Expect many CBDC's to be gold backed. Gold has History on it's side. Expect Gold to appreciate as Fiat currencies to become increasingly worthless as inflation erodes their purchasing power.

Gold may overshoot with a Price spike in the next 5 years.

Gold miners (eg NCM) currently undervalued.

Listen to any Rick Rule podcasts for education.

Even Kiyosaki loves gold... despite not generating cash flow....

Always DYOR

Hasnt the NCM board backed the takeover from Newmont?

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mcdongle View Post
    Hasnt the NCM board backed the takeover from Newmont?
    That is what the headlines said, but I did not receive anything about it, although ASB securities does not always forward everything. They rejected the first offer and have allowed a period of due diligence for Newmont as far as I can understand. I guess when due diligence is complete we get an offer.

Big institutions tend to go with the directors recommendation so it is likely to succeed, where does that leave me? I know in NZ once they have over 90% they can compulsorily acquire the remaining shares, but no idea about Australia's rules. Pretty sure my holdings are less than 10%.

Shame to get bought out just when things are looking up according to mistymountain.
    Last edited by Aaron; 07-05-2023 at 08:25 AM.

I think NCM shareholders will end up with shares in Newmont