sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default Oh DEAR JOHN Tamihere.

Todays NZ Herald reports JT is under investigation for using half a million dollars from charities, to finance his election campaigns.

Fiscal responsibility eh John?

Where can we make a donation, to your entitlement?
    Last edited by Getty; 29-09-2022 at 03:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Advanced Member

The Maori Party website claims; 'Its a known fact that Maori genetic make up is stronger than some others"

Really?

Their bad health stats and life expectancy tell a different story.

JT's involvement with Waipaeira Trust and Maori Party is so incestuous, its no wonder they are acting like they are inbred!

Advanced Member

Can anyone explain why Maoris who have access to money in various organisations, think some of it is theirs for the taking?

Instead of; l must not speak Maori, Will Tame Iti's next production be;
    l must not steal money?
    Last edited by Getty; 30-09-2022 at 09:20 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post

Can anyone explain why Maoris who have access to money in various organisations, think some of it is theirs for the taking?

l must not steal money?
    (1) No they can't.
    (2) No it won't.

Guru

Leopards dont change their spots, do they ?

Legend

l must not steal money?
    must be friendly loan job .. perhaps one of the ones that dont need paying back ?

A bit like Grant's grants jobs ?

Investigators may need to check whether the required sponsorship addendum was sewed on the specified
    grundies to be worn for the required number of events
    Last edited by nztx; 30-09-2022 at 06:15 PM.

Unless you have evidence (corrected for the bias inherent in socio-economic class) that Maori are more likely to steal money than any other group - that is more racist nonsense.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Unless you have evidence (corrected for the bias inherent in socio-economic class) that Maori are more likely to steal money than any other group - that is more racist nonsense.
    I did not make the post flippantly

Disproportionate would be the necessary description.

For the low numbers of Maori who get to a position of control or access to money within an organization, they are disproportionately reported as having their 'hand in the till'.

Your sidestep will be to demand some statistics, knowing full well no one keeps them, apart from numbers in gaol.

I did not make the post flippantly

Disproportionate would be the necessary description.

For the low numbers of Maori who get to a position of control or access to money within an organization, they are disproportionately reported as having their 'hand in the till'.

Your sidestep will be to demand some statistics, knowing full well no one keeps them, apart from numbers in gaol.
    I did not believe you were being flippant, and I understood that your comment was about proportionality.

You acknowledge that there aren't any readily accessible statistics, but nevertheless claim that :-
    1. There are low numbers of Maori with opportunity to embezzle organisaional funds
    2. They are disproportionately represented among offenders

In the absence of data, these claims are based on your own impressions, and are frankly racist.

Your posts on this and other threads seem to demonstrate a general dislike/contempt for things Maori and a readiness to put the worst possible construction on any "fact" you can find.

All of us have our prejudices and blind spots. I think the world would be a better place if we remained conscious of and sensitive to the damage that parading them can do to our social fabric. In any given instance - not much - but cumulatively huge.

My impressions and prejudices come from my own (obviously different) experiences. More than 25 years ago I was jointly and individually responsible for managing contracts for the delivery of post compulsory educational programs on behalf of the Govt in a provincial area with a high Maori population. Over four years, scores of contracts involving about $60M, with renewal dependent on achieving specified outcomes were entered into with about thirty different organisations, slightly more than half Maori.

I closed (or failed to renew) six programs during my time managing contracts. Five of them were Maori, one Pakeha. All were closed for failure to achieve contracted outcomes. The only suggestion of financial shenanigans involved the Pakeha program.

Advanced Member

I have made my assertion, and stand by it.

Based on a lifetime of reading media reports, for public audiences.

lf you wish to disprove it, you produce your evidence.