sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advanced Member

To address racist allegations, I see a whole generation of kids led to believe there is value in twirling a poi, and raising their heckles and blood pressure doing hakas.

In 40 years time or less, when people realise those warrior skills are not in great demand, and those who worked harder to gain more meaningful skills are taxed sh!tless to subsidise the unemployable culture brigade, so leave the country, thereby causing Aotearoa to implode.

Then the wise ones may say why didn't Getty and some others wrongfully deemed to be racist, say something back in 2022?

Something to stop the great leap backwards, while the rest of the world moved forward.

Well I am taking my opportunity now.
    Last edited by Getty; 02-10-2022 at 03:06 PM.

Legend

deleted - wrong thread.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 02-10-2022 at 04:22 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    To address racist allegations, I see a whole generation of kids led to believe there is value in twirling a poi, and raising their heckles and blood pressure doing hakas.

In 40 years time or less, when people realise those warrior skills are not in great demand, and those who worked harder to gain more meaningful skills are taxed sh!tless to subsidise the unemployable culture brigade, so leave the country, thereby causing Aotearoa to implode.

Then the wise ones may say why didn't Getty and some others wrongfully deemed to be racist, say something back in 2022?

Something to stop the great leap backwards, while the rest of the world moved forward.

Well I am taking my opportunity now.

One man sent the following similar thoughts to the PM.

Prime Minister,

I was appalled to hear on the 7pm News on TV1 on Tuesday 27 December the most patronising claim being made by TV1 that presenters’ use of Maori phrases on TV is becoming accepted, offering as evidence that fewer complaints are being received. What would you expect when NO COMPLAINT correspondence IS EVER RESPONDED TO by TV1; by YOU - the Prime Minister; by the Deputy Prime Minister or by Kris Faafoi , the Minister of Broadcasting — and NO CHANGES ever made in response to complaints, other than perhaps an intensification of the use of these Maori phrases. “PATRONISING” is perhaps not even a strong enough word !

I think ridiculously absurd comments such as were made are insulting in the extreme to a public who are fed up to the back teeth with having “Maori “ foist on them every evening and rammed down their throats by media presenters who are obviously acting under what are ultimately political instructions. The whole approach is dictatorial and childish.

Prime Minister, Maori is a language without meaningful utility in New Zealand. It is even spoken by VERY FEW Maori. IT IS OF ZERO UTILITY INTERNATIONALLY. Language is about communication. ENGLISH is our language of communication in New Zealand. It is also easily the MAJOR language of communication throughout the world. It is the official international language of law, science and commerce. Maori is NONE of these things — and VERY MUCH LESS.

It is even more absurd to think that YOU and your Government are looking to make the teaching and learning of Maori mandatory in our schools. What on earth is the point of that? It is ludicrous when all it is doing is stopping our children from learning alternative subject options of much, much greater utility in their future lives.

Prime Minister, it is clear that SOLELY for political purposes you are YET AGAIN pandering to a section of Maoridom — in particular the in-caucus/ in-cabinet activists and their elitist-activist colleagues outside of Parliament, who, like you, are bent on the Maorification of New Zealand and the effective destruction of our democratic system and democracy in favour of effective Maori rule.

Prime Minister, it is clear that you NEVER listen to or take any notice of anyone else, other than your activist colleagues. It is also clear that you have the conceit to believe you are the only one in the country with any brains. YOU ARE NOT! You are in fact lacking any sense of the responsibility of duty expected of the incumbent in your office and you are governing solely to satisfy your OWN PERSONAL, obsessively held, idiosyncratic beliefs to do with the Maorification of New Zealand, to the TOTAL DETRIMENT of our country and all other New Zealanders.

Hugh Perrett

027 520 4141

Hugh Perrett is a member of NZ Business Hall Of Fame.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 02-10-2022 at 04:35 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    I have made my assertion, and stand by it.

Based on a lifetime of reading media reports, for public audiences.

lf you wish to disprove it, you produce your evidence.
    I am interested to how you can discern the ethnicity of the parties referred to in media reports. Joe Bloggs could be any race. Your Getty estimation may be too low. Also there is the possibility of bias-confirmation. A Maori sounding name stays registered in your memory as bias-confirmation. Perhaps your assertion relies just on those reports with a photo? They are Just a couple of possible disclaimers to append to your empirical claim.

Also interesting but jut about impossible to know would be whether or not fraud cases involving Maori are more likely to be reported and to make it to court, compared with fraud cases involving non-Maori.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 02-10-2022 at 04:42 PM.

Advanced Member

Great letter by Hugh Perrett.

Thanks for sharing fp.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I am interested to how you can discern the ethnicity of the parties referred to in media reports. Joe Bloggs could be any race. Your Getty estimation may be too low. Also there is the possibility of bias-confirmation. A Maori sounding name stays registered in your memory as bias-confirmation. Perhaps your assertion relies just on those reports with a photo? They are Just a couple of possible disclaimers to append to your empirical claim.

Also interesting but jut about impossible to know would be whether or not fraud cases involving Maori are more likely to be reported and to make it to court, compared with fraud cases involving non-Maori.
    To use fictitious names;

Joe Moananui Bloggs most likely is Maori.
    Tame Potae Iti is Maori.
    William Jones is presumed non Maori, unless l know him.

Advanced Member

Did anyone, including davflaws, see The Hui, TV3 today?

Any comments?

Particularly on what the lady with scarlet red hair said.
    Last edited by Getty; 02-10-2022 at 06:50 PM.

Dilettante

This from Audrey Young’s weekly Political Briefing:

“Brickbat: Jointly awarded this week to the Māori Party's Rawiri Waititi and NZ First's Winston Peters. On a visit to Britain, Waititi described the Commonwealth as a terrorist organisation; “

I wonder if that idiot Waititi was on a taxpayer funded trip
    He’s a disgrace to NZ