sharetrader
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 82
  1. #71
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Napier
    Posts
    2,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leemsip View Post
    Anyone got serious investment here? Care to share reasons for confidence?
    I have only purchased a small holding, but I feel shareholders might be in for a positive ride. Read into it and look up the interviews with Nick.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    3,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leemsip View Post
    Anyone got serious investment here? Care to share reasons for confidence?

    The business model is buying companies that will never be profitable using their own shares as currency. Very common ploy, then their revenues grow fast and attract retail creating a snowball effect where a higher share price means they can buy more companies.

    Could go ballistic on a speculative way but more Red flags than Stalins funeral.

    When a CEO makes a statement like 'It's inevitable we will get to 10 mil very quickly' Well. Watch out, they're talking up the stock price as that is their currency.

    Similar to a Ponzi scheme, but not the same.

    Their 'best' acquisition so far is a Ukrainian Email signature generator.

    This company will NEVER be profitable but if you cant time it right before they dump on retail you could make a killing.

  3. #73
    2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    The business model is buying companies that will never be profitable using their own shares as currency. Very common ploy, then their revenues grow fast and attract retail creating a snowball effect where a higher share price means they can buy more companies.

    Could go ballistic on a speculative way but more Red flags than Stalins funeral.

    When a CEO makes a statement like 'It's inevitable we will get to 10 mil very quickly' Well. Watch out, they're talking up the stock price as that is their currency.

    Similar to a Ponzi scheme, but not the same.

    Their 'best' acquisition so far is a Ukrainian Email signature generator.

    This company will NEVER be profitable but if you cant time it right before they dump on retail you could make a killing.
    That was one of their original reason for listing to acquire cheap Saas companies with shares and combine them into one product, however they did not think the share price at the time made it worth diluting and the capital raising environment was not very strong, they decided to do small raises and focus on heading towards profitability first. Since then they went on to develop Pearl diver, which has been helping them grow at a rapid rate. Their last reported ARR was $7.4m, so to get to $10m is an easy target for them, its just a matter of time, breakeven is within reach and they should be profitable current financial year (FY25). They will report their annual report at the end of this month with a loss, but the true measure will be where their ARR numbers are at.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 19-05-2024 at 10:53 PM.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    3,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    That was one of their original reason for listing to acquire cheap Saas companies with shares and combine them into one product, however they did not think the share price at the time made it worth diluting and the capital raising environment was not very strong, they decided to do small raises and focus on heading towards profitability first. Since then they went on to develop Pearl diver, which has been helping them grow at a rapid rate. Their last reported ARR was $7.4m, so to get to $10m is an easy target for them, its just a matter of time, breakeven is within reach and they should be profitable current financial year (FY25). They will report their annual report at the end of this month with a loss, but the true measure will be where their ARR numbers are at.

    The true measure is never ARR. Anyone can grow revenue no problem at all. Just sell stuff for far less than it's worth.

    Just a very odd pumping aggressive comment by the CEO, why not just let the numbers do the talking? Because they have to pump the stock as that is the business model. And I think it will probably go up a lot.

    I just find it very difficult to believe that a Ukrainian email signature developer will ever post a profit. I know that's not the whole business but it's reflective.

    This is a rapidly changing field of business and revenue is not hard to come by but profit is.

    As they are buying all these small non profitable companies, to then combine them into one business and make them profitable and make that profit measurable against the dilution from issuing shares, all very unlikely.


    I would not bet against the stock price in the short term.

    It is one of the most expensive companies that has ever existed in world history however.

  5. #75
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Napier
    Posts
    2,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    The true measure is never ARR. Anyone can grow revenue no problem at all. Just sell stuff for far less than it's worth.

    Just a very odd pumping aggressive comment by the CEO, why not just let the numbers do the talking? Because they have to pump the stock as that is the business model. And I think it will probably go up a lot.

    I just find it very difficult to believe that a Ukrainian email signature developer will ever post a profit. I know that's not the whole business but it's reflective.

    This is a rapidly changing field of business and revenue is not hard to come by but profit is.

    As they are buying all these small non profitable companies, to then combine them into one business and make them profitable and make that profit measurable against the dilution from issuing shares, all very unlikely.


    I would not bet against the stock price in the short term.

    It is one of the most expensive companies that has ever existed in world history however.
    I agree let the numbers do the talking hence I have a very small position, speculative at best for now. If the CEO is right and this thing takes off, he may just be able to say I gave you all the chance to hop onto this at the start. I was yelling it from the roof tops lol
    Last edited by Ggcc; 20-05-2024 at 08:10 AM.

  6. #76
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    17,348

    Default

    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/431996

    "It is an exciting time for the company."
    Sums it up...lol.

    KEY FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS:

    - Subscription Revenue: $4.1m, marking a 183% year-on-year increase.
    - Group ARR: Reached $7.4m reflecting a 177% year-on-year increase.
    - Pearl Diver Product ARR: $4.9m only 13 months after launch.
    - ARR Per Employee: Recorded at $230k exhibiting a 359% year-on-year increase.
    - Gross Profit Margin: Increased to 71% for FY24 from 49% in FY23.
    - Expenses: Increased 21% year-on-year, however declined as a percentage of revenue to 130% in FY24 from 297% in FY23.
    - Cash Burn 3 month Average: Ended the year at $340k, a 42% decrease from its peak during the year.
    - Revenue Churn: 4.0% as of March 31, 2024.
    Last edited by percy; 30-05-2024 at 08:38 AM.

  7. #77
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Napier
    Posts
    2,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/431996

    "It is an exciting time for the company."
    Sums it up...lol.
    In line with what I expected and letís see where it goes from here. Not enough news for me to top up more but Iím happy so far.

  8. #78
    Guru Rawz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    4,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    In line with what I expected and let’s see where it goes from here. Not enough news for me to top up more but I’m happy so far.
    Cap raise coming. Need more capital to grow. Based on a quick look at the balance sheet and cashflow statement. Im guessing a cap raise + Aquisition. So maybe you get a chance to top up in due course anyway

    "Blackpearl’s strategy continues to evolve to reflect the success of the business over the last 18 months. Over the coming months, management looks forward to update on its strategic plan for the next phase of growth."
    Last edited by Rawz; 30-05-2024 at 09:41 AM.

  9. #79
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Napier
    Posts
    2,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Cap raise coming. Need more capital to grow. Based on a quick look at the balance sheet and cashflow statement. Im guessing a cap raise + Aquisition. So maybe you get a chance to top in due course anyway

    "Blackpearl’s strategy continues to evolve to reflect the success of the business over the last 18 months. Over the coming months, management looks forward to update on its strategic plan for the next phase of growth."
    Yeah I do see that they may have to and I would be happy to partake for the right reason. They have enough money for a few months at least and let's see the rise of where subsrciptions goes in the next few months

  10. #80
    2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    It does appear a capital raise will be likely just to prop up the balance sheet, but based on their current cash burn rate of $340k per month and $1.85m in the bank at 31st March, they have over 5 months in cash, which would last until August to the very least, but that isn't counting that their business is constantly growing which means their cash burn is lower every month, which looks like its just enough to get to cash profitability.

    Since they have growth plans, they will be wanting capital for growth and acquisitions rather than for maintaining where they are now, which is a very different perspective than your normal capital raise where if a company was not able to raise capital that would be the end. I would see a capital raise being a good thing if they needed the capital for growth just so they can maintain their momentum rather than being like Paysauce that completely halted their growth just so they could be self funding.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •