sharetrader
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Jarden Direct

Ok just rang them and they don't run a stop loss,they told me that a new platform is coming out in 3-4 months that will support stop loss.So useless if your day trading unless you want to be glued to the screen all day.So does anyone know of an NZ broker that runs a stop loss on there platform ?.

Cheers
    Miner

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I was beginning to think no one wanted to talk to me.Will leave Shane to it as I am mainly looking at the ASX,found a few last week but not set up yet to trade,should be sorted this week.Can you run a stop loss with Jarden ?.

Cheers
    Miner
    If comparing Bank DIY platforms, Jardens platform is decent and has lots of useful information that ASB doesn't... but trades are painfully slow. Trades through ASB are almost always instant (which to me makes it better dispite the lack of intel). You can get the missing info elsewhere. If looking at lots of intel is more important than trade speed, then Jarden is ok

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    If comparing Bank DIY platforms, Jardens platform is decent and has lots of useful information that ASB doesn't... but trades are painfully slow. Trades through ASB are almost always instant (which to me makes it better dispite the lack of intel). You can get the missing info elsewhere. If looking at lots of intel is more important than trade speed, then Jarden is ok
    Thanks I've only just opened an ASB account and the jarden platform as you say looks better,but at a glance it looks like you can run a stop loss on ASB.Tried to ring them about it but no one answered,jarden answer and are helpful .So looking like it's use jarden to watch stuff and trade on ASB.Hopefully jarden's new platform will be better and then I can use them to trade .

Just having a play with ASB and am I correct in thinking that you can only set a stop loss after the trade has gone through ?.

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I was beginning to think no one wanted to talk to me.Will leave Shane to it as I am mainly looking at the ASX,found a few last week but not set up yet to trade,should be sorted this week.Can you run a stop loss with Jarden ?.

Cheers
    Miner
    Can you join comsec?
    Orders are on Market instantly.
    $10 for up to $1000
    $20 "" $10k
    $30 "" $25K
    0.2% brokerage thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    Can you join comsec?
    Orders are on Market instantly.
    $10 for up to $1000
    $20 "" $10k
    $30 "" $25K
    0.2% brokerage thereafter.
    Had a look and you need to reside in ausy to join commsec,bugger .