sharetrader
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jarden Direct

I sent an email to JD yesterday. Replied in no time. They are super fast.

I've finally been forced to Jarden Direct website cf Direct Broking.
    Cant say I'm pleased about it. It seems I've lost my watchlists, and while the layout might be prettier less information is visible on each page. Direct broking website was fully functional and I could see all my portfolio on only two pages split between NZ and Aussie. Now it seems I have them all bunched together in no particular order :+(
    Last edited by peat; 12-10-2023 at 07:56 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I've finally been forced to Jarden Direct website cf Direct Broking.
    Cant say I'm pleased about it. It seems I've lost my watchlists, and while the layout might be prettier less information is visible on each page. Direct broking website was fully functional and I could see all my portfolio on only two pages split between NZ and Aussie. Now it seems I have them all bunched together in no particular order :+(
    Pete you can edit the watchlists etc to move them around .

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Pete you can edit the watchlists etc to move them around .
    yes of course I can
    but I already had and now I have to do it again.
    and yes I've found new pages that are closer to the presentation of DB so I guess I'll cope ;+)
    OIP.jpeg

well in some ways that picture is not me at all. I am very grateful to the cloud especially the icloud.

Durimg my month Grand Tour of Scandinavia I lost my Iphone X on an SAS plane in Oslo. I couldnt get it back so I bought a 15 Pro duty free in Iceland.
    Because I had retained my sim card (Spark dont provide roaming in Nthern Europe) I could receive the txt to double authenticate into the icloud and I never lost a single photo, and all my passwords were intact. (Huge sigh of relief) So the cloud is awesome.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    yes of course I can
    but I already had and now I have to do it again.
    and yes I've found new pages that are closer to the presentation of DB so I guess I'll cope ;+)
    OIP.jpeg

well in some ways that picture is not me at all. I am very grateful to the cloud especially the icloud.

Durimg my month Grand Tour of Scandinavia I lost my Iphone X on an SAS plane in Oslo. I couldnt get it back so I bought a 15 Pro duty free in Iceland.
    Because I had retained my sim card (Spark dont provide roaming in Nthern Europe) I could receive the txt to double authenticate into the icloud and I never lost a single photo, and all my passwords were intact. (Huge sigh of relief) So the cloud is awesome.
    Your dark cloud has a silver iCloud lining - and a lovely 15 pro to boot.

I hate the Jardin site and DB had served me well for years and years. Loads of info lost and navigation is messy

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MPC View Post
    I hate the Jardin site and DB had served me well for years and years. Loads of info lost and navigation is messy
    Don't forget to tell them.

I changed one of my accounts over but only go to that account if I need to trade. The other one I have set up for my monitoring purposes and won't change it until the 30/11/23.

They still think they have improved it for everyone. Dumb a*ses. You can't even set up a base date for a watchlist.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Don't forget to tell them.

I changed one of my accounts over but only go to that account if I need to trade. The other one I have set up for my monitoring purposes and won't change it until the 30/11/23.

They still think they have improved it for everyone. Dumb a*ses. You can't even set up a base date for a watchlist.
    I still use my old account as well. I have told them, will tell them again.

As I use the new system (one of my accounts) and the old one (trading account), I really can tell the difference. Diabolical.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Any ideas on the implications of Jardens security/verification manager’s being hacked?

https://www.wired.com/story/okta-sup...ch-disclosure/

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    Any ideas on the implications of Jardens security/verification manager’s being hacked?

https://www.wired.com/story/okta-sup...ch-disclosure/
    Did they say that Jarden is one of Oktas customers and have been impcacted? I didn't see that.

Apart from that - I would see the risk with Jarden as rather small. 2 factor identification as a standard and even if somebody manages to break both systems, the only thing they can do is buying and selling shares. No access to the money generated, given that Jarden only allows transfer into the previously nominated customer account.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)