sharetrader
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 92

Thread: Jarden Direct

  1. #71
    Ignorant. Just ignorant.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Wrong Side of the Tracks
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Hate all this platform jumping Ö and as prev poster says my securities arenít under your control, only the cash sidelined
    Arenít non-New Zealand securities bought via Jardens held in their custody system?

  2. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    896

    Default

    So with JD you can do T+2 but you can't run a stop loss,so went ASB as they said they also do T+2 and you can run a stop loss.Great I thought until I went to do a T+2 trade and they say insufficient funds in my account.So give them a ring and am told there T+2 is how long it takes to settle the trade .This is a waste of time for day trading so does anyone know of an NZ broker with T+2,stop loss and a half decent site ?.ASB is also Fing useless as it keeps logging you out if you don't keep the page active for 5mins .JD told me when the new site is up and running it will have a stop loss feature,but that's months away .

  3. #73
    Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Under the sycamore tree
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    So with JD you can do T+2 but you can't run a stop loss,so went ASB as they said they also do T+2 and you can run a stop loss.Great I thought until I went to do a T+2 trade and they say insufficient funds in my account.So give them a ring and am told there T+2 is how long it takes to settle the trade .This is a waste of time for day trading so does anyone know of an NZ broker with T+2,stop loss and a half decent site ?.ASB is also Fing useless as it keeps logging you out if you don't keep the page active for 5mins .JD told me when the new site is up and running it will have a stop loss feature,but that's months away .
    T+2 but you either have to have cash funds or a settlement of that amount incoming from a trade. Not sure there are any platform that trades on tick.

  4. #74
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    T+2 but you either have to have cash funds or a settlement of that amount incoming from a trade. Not sure there are any platform that trades on tick.
    No you can buy on tick and pay 2 days later. But generally they charge a higher brokerage amount. That used to be the way anyway.
    I know i have sometimes gotten a mail from Jarden saying my account was overdue.... T plus 2 in action. The last one a few weeks ago.

  5. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Don't think ASB lets you - online platform.
    You either have to have the funds in the account or have a sale covering what you have bought.
    I was thinking the other day why it is still t2 in any event, Not like you can send a cheque in now! and how long does it take to register your interest!

  6. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Direct broking used to do T+3,ASB don't do it and jarden do T+2 but charged a % on top of brokerage as you're basically buying on tick .And Jay T+2 is good if you get it right as by the time you put money in your account to buy it the trade is gone .

  7. #77
    Share Collector
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Porirua
    Posts
    3,511

    Default

    Disappointed that Jarden Direct move to Hatch will mean forced custodial holding if want to sell. Iíve always held Aus shares direct. Any options left for New Zealanders? Interactive Broking?

  8. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2023
    Location
    Feilding
    Posts
    207

    Default

    I placed a buy order with Jarden on Tuesday (2 days ago) for $10,000 worth of shares. There was about $3,000 of orders in front of me at the same price when I placed the order. Today at 5pm about $150,000 worth of stock got traded at my specified price. I was expecting that my order executed in full - but no only about $1,000 of my order was executed (so there is no queueing system running on all orders). Jarden has sent me an invoice for $1,000 worth of shares and $30 commission which is 3%. It seems unfair to be hammered with this commission (high in percentage terms) when the original order was for much more.

  9. #79
    Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwikeith View Post
    I placed a buy order with Jarden on Tuesday (2 days ago) for $10,000 worth of shares. There was about $3,000 of orders in front of me at the same price when I placed the order. Today at 5pm about $150,000 worth of stock got traded at my specified price. I was expecting that my order executed in full - but no only about $1,000 of my order was executed (so there is no queueing system running on all orders). Jarden has sent me an invoice for $1,000 worth of shares and $30 commission which is 3%. It seems unfair to be hammered with this commission (high in percentage terms) when the original order was for much more.
    As long as your original order has not expired, it may be completed tomorrow. You won’t be charged any more commission.

  10. #80
    Membaa
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    5,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    As long as your original order has not expired, it may be completed tomorrow. You wonít be charged any more commission.
    True, or the next or next day it might be completed, but it's not right that this investor was ahead of the queue and their order not filled. Who can explain that? And it's not right that the commission is taken on the first fill rather than the completion of the order.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •