sharetrader
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes my wife wasn't allowed to see her mother on her deathbed ... locked down not allowed to travel etc ... (J.A= be kind!!) ..... I couldn't continue to do the seasonal fishing job I'd been doing for 26yrs because I didn't take JAB ... thank the sharemarket GODs I had some cracking good months prior so could walk away ... I know many that didn't want it ...but were forced ..
    There it is. Now I can appreciate why you personally hate Jacinda. No need to make outrageous statements though.
    I am not a big fan of Jacinda and in fact while I take most of my rage out on Adrian Orr, Jacinda played a big part in making the poor poorer and the rich richer.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2021/12/13/w...-began-hickey/

And in hindsight I think we massively over-reacted to the pandemic. The first lockdowns I totally support, as a lot of people were scared and we did not know a lot but if the vaccines worked then people had time to get them.

I had some sympathy for the anti vaxxers with a choice between vax or no work and ostracism from society, it was not much of a choice. After Wellington though they can go f**k themselves as they came across as a bunch of rabid nutters spitting the dummy because they were asked to consider other people. All rights and no responsibility. No respect for the law or democracy, very self centred and selfish. More scared of the vaccine than the virus.

You only need to see how we are dealing with covid currently to know it was a massive over-reaction. Covid is here, no one is masked some additional old people are dying every week and a few unfortunate youngsters. Most people could not give a s*it about covid even after all the drama we went through.

Jacinda made some big calls which you want in a leader. She obviously upset the antivaxxers and young people should be upset that they can no longer buy a house, they are picking up the tab to save the old people and poor people should be upset as they are paying the inflation tax.

It turns out doing a lot less might have been the better option but it is all easy in hindsight. I think she was doing what she thought best at the time and a majority of NZers supported her.

For a minority there will be rejoicing at her resignation, it is just a shame to see all the nastiness as it is not the kiwi way... in my world anyway.

P.s. only after re reading my post do I appreciate the irony of someone suggesting a section of society go "f**k themselves" being upset by nastiness.
    I guess it is not always easy always being decent/respectful/kind but I could probably try harder.
    Last edited by Aaron; 24-01-2023 at 10:22 AM. Reason: pointing out some hypocrisy

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    However, Adern is also the most widely admired politician on the planet right now. (that's not just opinion, its fact). No one else comes close.
    Choke, gasp!
    If that's a true statement, the other options must be shockers, and pity the folk doing the admiring!

Legend

Membaa

https://www.nzcpr.com/newsletter/

THE ARDERN LEGACY
    By Dr Muriel Newman

Appointed as New Zealand’s Prime Minister in 2017, Jacinda Ardern has been described as an iron fist in a velvet glove. She wooed the world with talk of kindness and compassion, while at home ruling like a dictator. No friend of free speech, she had little regard for public opinion and no respect for those with a contrary view.

Read on, an intriguing insight
    https://www.nzcpr.com/newsletter/

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    There it is. Now I can appreciate why you personally hate Jacinda. No need to make outrageous statements though.
    I am not a big fan of Jacinda and in fact while I take most of my rage out on Adrian Orr, Jacinda played a big part in making the poor poorer and the rich richer.
    She certainly didn't make the rich richer. They achieve that all by themselves.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Some were the beneficiaries of government policy surely.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    They were the beneficiaries of their own efforts and dilligence. Their financial rewards were achieved in spite of the Govt.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post

likely from what this Govt inherited from the previous too .. what will Labour be leaving for the next
    Government when they get tipped out - a fair measure of large debt, aside from a large unholy
    shambles for as far as the eye can see ?
    Last edited by nztx; 24-01-2023 at 08:30 PM.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Oh FP you say the funniest things, always good for a laugh.

The increase in wealth was driven largely by the more than 50 per cent increase in house prices over the two years after the start of the pandemic.

So I guess what you are saying is that while the average person was locked down sponging off the NZ taxpayer (rich people) rich people were working harder and smarter than ever to increase their wealth. Stupid lazy poor people, need to be more aspirational that is obviously why they are poor.

I also see the truth in what you say when I read articles about donations from rich people to the national party.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...NAEFJ7B4TGAUI/

They know which side their bread is buttered and how to get ahead, not government policy and a monetary system that promotes trickle down economics, that is for sure.
    Last edited by Aaron; 25-01-2023 at 08:59 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Oh FP you say the funniest things, always good for a laugh.

The increase in wealth was driven largely by the more than 50 per cent increase in house prices over the two years after the start of the pandemic.

So I guess what you are saying is that while the average person was locked down sponging off the NZ taxpayer (rich people) rich people were working harder and smarter than ever to increase their wealth. Stupid lazy poor people, need to be more aspirational that is obviously why they are poor.
    Smarter - not necessaily harder, although that is likely.