sharetrader
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    They were the beneficiaries of their own efforts and dilligence. Their financial rewards were achieved in spite of the Govt.
    There are some people who are unintentionally wealthy, not through extra hard work or business investment. For example the ordinary purchaser of place for their family in (what is now) inner Auckland in the 1960's is now wealthy. Through government policy on immigration, tax, interest rates, risky lending, and lack of policy on pension provision, intensification and providing land for the population surge, that purchaser is now very wealthy.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 01-02-2023 at 08:17 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    And most of the time the very same posters saying it's "not ok" are regularly making personally derogatory comments about Chris Luxon. Talk about rocks and glass houses.
    That's the whole point. Misogynistic if the left gets attacked, all ok if the left are doing the attacking.

If calling Ardern, Cindy or Cinders, is misogynistic. Well that's fine, I will continue calling her that and just be a misogynist.

(that label gets thrown around so much these days, it has lost it's relevance and has become impotent)
    Last edited by blackcap; 01-02-2023 at 08:26 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    That's the whole point. Misogynistic if the left gets attacked, all ok if the left are doing the attacking.

If calling Ardern, Cindy or Cinders, is misogynistic. Well that's fine, I will continue calling her that and just be a misogynist.

(that label gets thrown around so much these days, it has lost it's relevance and has become impotent)
    I doubt that calling her Cindy alone is misogynist. Here is an old article about the misogynism Ardern and others have faced. I'm surprised that some doubt that there is extra misgynist abuse that women face. They aren't all women on the political left either.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...security-issue

Another article about Shipley's and Clark's experiences.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/helen-...YY3FVFHPPU5CE/

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    There are some people who are unintentionally wealthy, not through extra hard work or business investment. For example the ordinary purchaser of place for their family in (what is now) inner Auckland in the 1960's is now wealthy. Through government policy on immigration, tax, interest rates, risky lending, and lack of policy on pension provision, intensification and providing land for the population surge, that purchaser is now very wealthy.
    So how much money do you consider makes you wealthy?

Guru

So how much money do you consider makes you wealthy?
    By definition, those who are wealthier would have wealth exceeding the median for all adults in NZ. You may or may not wish to factor in age.

Guru

I doubt that calling her Cindy alone is misogynist. Here is an old article about the misogynism Ardern and others have faced. I'm surprised that some doubt that there is extra misgynist abuse that women face. They aren't all women on the political left either.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...security-issue

Another article about Shipley's and Clark's experiences.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/helen-...YY3FVFHPPU5CE/
    I'm sure male politicians don't get attacked. As I have said before, it's got nothing to do with the gender of the person, but everything with the position they occupy.

Guru

For FP:

NZ individual Wealth in 2021 according to Credit Suisse:
    Average for adult: 834k NZD
    Median/adult. : 408K NZD

On a global scale NZ land values are highly inflated, consequently most NZers are “wealthy”.

However within NZ, in 2021 a wealthier NZ person has assets worth over 408k
    As wealth distribution in NZ is so uneven thanks to inflated land values, the average is over twice the median. So a “wealthy” person would have net assets worth over $834k.

https://www.mpamag.com/nz/news/gener...res-why/422802

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I'm sure male politicians don't get attacked. As I have said before, it's got nothing to do with the gender of the person, but everything with the position they occupy.
    …..and senior females in a senior position are much more of a target than a male in such a position…so it is to do both with their position in addition to a factor that they are female.

The research indicates women cop significantly more abuse than men in similar positions.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/the...et-worse-abuse
    Last edited by Bjauck; 01-02-2023 at 11:21 AM.

Legend

For FP:

NZ individual Wealth in 2021 according to Credit Suisse:
    Average for adult: 834k NZD
    Median/adult. : 408K NZD

On a global scale NZ land values are highly inflated, consequently most NZers are “wealthy”.

However within NZ, in 2021 a wealthier NZ person has assets worth over 408k
    As wealth distribution in NZ is so uneven thanks to inflated land values, the average is over twice the median. So a “wealthy” person would have net assets worth over $834k.

https://www.mpamag.com/nz/news/gener...res-why/422802
    That is plainly reidiculous. I would consider around 1.5 mill (including personal residence) to be comfortable, but certainly not wealthy. Around 4mii plus you are 'well off' but you'd need an absolute minimum of 5 mill to be wealthy in my eyes.

Guru

That is plainly reidiculous. I would consider around 1.5 mill (including personal residence) to be comfortable, but certainly not wealthy. Around 4mii plus you are 'well off' but you'd need an absolute minimum of 5 mill to be wealthy in my eyes.
    Wealth is relative. 1.5m including a reasonable sized residence in a reasonable area would not be comfortable in Auckland, whereas in Invercargill it may well be. Obviously for an oldie who has experienced decades of a leveraged 3 bedroom plus garden house equity value appreciation in inner Auckland could expect the wealth generated from their house alone to be well above average.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 01-02-2023 at 11:22 AM.